A Tripath TA3020 based amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just find 1 assembled board from Taobao. Is there any comment on the broad?

µÂÆÕÒÕÊõÆ·¼¶TA3020¹¦·Å ÃëɱTA2022 TA2021 TA2024-ÌÔ±¦Íø

Yes, that's a 100% copy of 41hz AMP15, but then done with the usual crappy component quality.. The way the resistors are placed, the super bad quality offset trimmers (watch out for smoking speakers!!) This is one to avoid totally!:Pawprint:

Here's how the real deal looks:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Looking some more at the pics it's obvious they didn't manage to find components that fit well on the board. It looks like a cobweb!

QH8Kx.jpg

Obviously the rest of the assembly has obtained the same amount of love... I would advise anyone who wants to buy this piece of junk to invest in a good fire insurance!

For those who have no idea what I'm talking about here's a detail of the fake (above) and the real deal (bottom):
srceu.jpg

And I could post a few more like that....

Last edited:
Well, you get what you pay for obviously.

Yes, yes, yes v-bro.......... the 41Hz kit is better quality.

That being said, if the board actually works, I could finds some uses for an assembled board at that price. It wouldn't even bother me if I needed to change a few critical components to make them more reliable.

Nothing against you v-bro, but your opinion has some undeniable bias toward 41Hz.

Sure I'm biased, this kind of crap makes one biased in the right direction I'd say! For heaven's sake, that turd they call a T-amp isn't worth two pennies! That said it's bloody expensive!:rolleyes:

This kind of thing makes me really angry, they steal a design, put it on the market in a state worse than a limp bisquit and people actually buy it!:mad:

Look at the inductor windings, they are obviously wound far too loose! I know for sure this will cause massive overheating problems. This is beyond changing a few critical components!!:confused:

Like I said so many times (and I would never have believed it without the experience I have gained in many years of assembling boards) it's MUCH more work fixing an already assembled crap piece than starting all over and build something decent from scratch...

Last edited:
I dont like the diodes meant for AC sitting in the output stage.. Might not affect anything, but would not recommend running it from AC, as the 50hz might be polluting the speakers.

Its a nice amp to run from dc though

I also didnt like the MKII version of that board, it had electrolytic caps on the input, bypassed with those red mkt/mkp caps.

This is mainly offtopic

They're just minor details, a few 'critical components' to change to make it an excellent TA2020 amplifier... I can criticize any design, but the main thing is that a design needs to be workable, and that fake AMP15 sure isn't worth to be bothered about...

Back on topic...

Imagine the noise pick up from all those excess lead lengths from the too large to fit resistors. Then the 'brand name' parts they claim to assemble it with. Who knows they are fakes too? It's surely not a safe investment, even at the price....

Thing is I have some costly speakers and I would definitely NEVER connect such a fake product to them with a large risk of damaging them. This is a risk not to be underestimated, we all know what even a minor DC voltage can do to your speakers....

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
Yes, that's a 100% copy of 41hz AMP15, but then done with the usual crappy component quality.. The way the resistors are placed, the super bad quality offset trimmers (watch out for smoking speakers!!) This is one to avoid totally!:Pawprint:

Here's how the real deal looks:

:eek: Thanks a lot.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.