A little more twisted than usual....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
sts9fan said:
uhg don't really feel like ripping this thing appaart. Can you expain how/why this could happen?

Well I can't say for sure without taking apart your speakers. :)

But my guess is that the Zobel will help tame the problem if its because of an extremely inductive load.

I would have no way to know if it will actually help except to try it for for myself.

Cheers!
Russ

Hey Folks,

I have a few projects that have a lot in common, and they are beginning to run together in terms of concerns. In fact the ideas are modular, and build on each other.

Examples:

Twisted Sibling - A balanced line driver/preamp and SE/BAL converter.
Twisted X Overture(TXO) - A balanced symmetrically bridged power amp.
Twisted X Symphony(TXS) - Same as TXO but with two OPA549 working at much lower gain (the gain is handled more by the THS41xx in this case).

Anyway, I have made a whole lot of progress on this stuff, but it does not belong in any single thread, until now. I have decided to launch his thread to discuss the modular approach to all three projects. More projects are planned and in the works based on the modules contained here.

Using the modules I have designed one could create a power amp project of anywhere from 50W to 300W or more....

Anyway here is an article to get people started. I am very interested in feedback from the community here, and ideas. This document is pretty high level. I don't want to lose people in details just yet. :) But this is the place to talk about it, and expand on things. Any important info will be added as a new revision of the document.

I will probably write more detailed articles later should people be interested.

A Very Twisted Missive

Cheers!
Russ

OK, I need 13 x TXS.
Who do I have to convince to let me buy boards / layout files?

BR
Jan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.