A DIY piece of furniture for your DIY HIFI stuff?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
One per device, so it hasn't to be big (say 50*30cm for the glass plate)

I want to keep it modular, this way you can arrange them vertically, or horizontally.
Or even make 2 vertical arrangments, being side to side. If you have monoblocks amps, this could look good, both being aside the other, at the same level

for your stand, are you thinking about something like this?http://h24-71-245-138.ca.shawcable.net/photo/view_photo.php?set_albumName=album06&id=Virgo_Strada_1

This one is also very good looking (don't you have a bigger picture?)
http://h24-71-245-138.ca.shawcable.net/photo/view_photo.php?set_albumName=album06&id=Virgo_Strada_1

It looks similar to the link I posted before (the one you liked), but has the plates fixed on the side.
Cloning this one, with glass plates, and on both side, could look good :nod: But that's a lot of work for the metal base, especially for the way to lock the plates on it

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Here's one I made earlier!

No sand leaks at all in four years, and if you get bored, you can rake the sand into different patterns like a Japanese garden. :)

Attachments

• stand.jpg
    stand.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 461
Re: Here's one I made earlier!

JasonL said:
i might have a bigger picture. don't for get that is not my stuff : o ) glad to see that some one looks on my page. heh. what do you think of my new web page. ?

Nice one. I like the big gallery, with lots of pictures. That's a good source of inspiration.

As for the website itself, only a few pages are available, but it looks promising :nod:

Re: Re: Here's one I made earlier!

Bricolo said:

Be carefull, some class A amp fanatics may read your post :D

It can be largely open on the back for good airflow (and can have holes under it for cross-vent), but I want to close it up and not have my living room look like a lab experiment.

Granted that's hard with my penchant for Electrostatic loudspeakers...

Sheldon

Am I the only person who doesn't want all my components hanging in the wind? I want a CWD (Custom woodwork and design) type of a closed cabinet. Wooden doors would be good too.

Sheldon

I have a friend who houses his huge Mark Levinsons and Wadia CD in a nice antique armoire. He stored the planks from the original back and fabricated a plywood panel that the Levinsons hang out the back of.

-Dave

Very nice.

What kind of wood did you use for the paneling? The color looks like luan plywood, but the grain looks too nice.

You dug out your basement 2 feet!!!! Did you DIY that too and pore the concrete. Please tell me you used a contractor, other wise I might cry.

I always wanted deeper basement in the house we are about to move out of. I loved the idea of putting in a 6" computer floor with sumps and utilities located beneath it.

-Dave

It is cherry. I didn't have much idea what to use and it was unfinished for couple years, but three weeks ago, while shopping at Home Depot I spotted that 1/4 cherry plywood panels at half price. Out of 30 I chosen the three with the best grain and here it is. I used one coat of Thompson water seal to finish and the results are really nice. I use Thompson on everything made of wood now and I prefer it to stains and laquers. While it protects the wood, it also still makes the look very natural.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.