9th Annual Vancouver Island diyFEST 2012

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Another one of the evenings highlights! The volume those drivers were achieving without sounding all that stressed was impressive! I have never run mine that loud! It was just on the verge of too loud for my comfort at that distance!

Kyle

which drivers / enclosures those?

and would that have been with one of Rene's secret weapons (did anyone get some photos of those amps?)

Last edited:
Rene's 45 hybrid is a superior box o' tubes & wires.
And yes, the EL70 paper cones are very memorable.
The pair were killer together.
don

I liked the same combo as well. It's evident that you process extraordinarily excellent taste (or maybe the two old guys are just deaf!).

I'll also include Rene's 300B/MOFET amp and his Twisted Pare "Buffalo" DAC as well. I'll vote for Jesse's TT, and to note that it was all made possible in the first place by Bud Purvine.

I'm sorry that I didn't have anything to show this year....but there's always next year!

Best Regards,
TerryO

Last edited:
(or maybe the two old guys)
Two old guys? Man at 50, I felt like a spring chicken.
I'm sorry that I didn't have anything to show this year...
You did and it had nothing to do with audio, you showed your face (and chest zipper) and that was more than enough for us, Terry. :) To think that guys like Dave R and Kevin missed because of a cold...man, what were they thinking...

I just wish you weren't so piggy with the raffle. I'm not used to playing second fiddle. By my reckoning it was 10-8. Hard for me to get used to when you only bought 9 tickets. ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.