9th Annual Vancouver Island diyFEST 2012

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Rene and Terry loaded a tapped sub woofer into their car when they left. Did it get played at all? Maybe they can fill in some more info!

Thanks
Kyle

It has an Exodus Anarchy in it and I brought it since I thought Keven H was coming and didn't know whether he had ever heard it. There is a long thread about this combo on AVS and I had it built here. Unfortunately there was a lack of calarity on some aspects of the build and so the driver is totally built in and cannot be removed without major cutting. I decided to give it to Kevin and it never got played.

Thanks Terry and Rene for the delivery service.

Bob

A huge thanks goes out Dave and Ruth for doing it yet again. From what I remember, we had a lot of fun. :) Great to see the old faces again.
Thanks to Jesse also for the salmon and Elk, to Gregg for the veggies and other goodies.
Great to hear all the new speaker stuff. Thanks to CSS Bob for bringing new toys and contributing to the raffle and to all who contributed for that matter. Can't wait to get at my newly won and purchased drivers and other things.
Nice amps too. Some really great looking and sounding stuff.
Great to see my brother from another mother Scott and his new mini camping rig. I am totally jealous of that thing.
Thanks to Jimmy for playing into the wee hours of the morning on the lower stage. Thanks again to Dave for having some big sounding PA type speakers when I chickened out bringing mine. (not a drop of rain fell on us btw) He cleared a big spot up the driveway for the speakers. He also cleared me a new location for the love palace.
Having Terry there was great, except that he hogged the raffle winnings ending up with 9 winning tickets. Can you believe him?
Yes, we missed the likes of Dave R, Kevin H, Barry, Ryan, Bud, Al and some others that couldn't make it, but a couple shots of rum cured that.
New faces too. There was Mark from Sydney, originally England, Tom from somewhere, originally Denmark? and I think a couple of others but I'm not sure, things got a little blurry after a while.
Chris, Kyle, Fleming, Daniel, Dana, Les, Rene, Lou, Brenda, Jeff, Don, Dimitri (who am I forgetting?)- Good to see all of you again. I hope Dimitri makes good use of his new scale.
This group is a lot of fun. Hardly anyone got out of line and if they tell you otherwise, don’t listen to them, I was a perfect gentleman, just ask Suzy :rolleyes:

Next year BIG speakers :smash:

Yes, let me add my thanks to all involved; the food was outstanding as usual and the number of speakers available for listening seems to grow each year.

Personal thanks also to Cal who again bought me brunch on the ferry. Next year it's my turn. Also hope for good weather so that he can bring the BIG speakers!!

Bob

Rene and Terry loaded a tapped sub woofer into their car when they left. Did it get played at all? Maybe they can fill in some more info!

Thanks
Kyle

Kyle,

I have to apologize for not responding earlier, as I didn't see this e-mail ("Terry's getting "Dotty?").

We haven't heard the tapped horn either, as Bob asked me yesterday if we could deliver it to Kevin. It's in my truck and I may drive up to Kevin's place this evening. He just moved and is now only about 25 minutes from my house instead of 4-5 hours.

Best Regards,
TerryO

Flemming was cutting the last piece of peach in half. I said, might as well just take the whole piece now.

It sometimes pays to be at the end of the line :D and the pie was great!

I also want to thank everyone who helped make this annual event happen, especially Dave and Chris who put so much effort into making this a success, and of course their non-ending supply of speakers to listen to.

:up:

A huge Thank-You, especially to Ruth and Dave, who continue to host this great event, their hospitality is second to none, one really does feel a member of the family!
Wonderful to see everyone, it's a great group of people!
Special thanks to our "cascadia-cousins" , even if it proves (again) that Canadian Immigration is not up to the task!!
Great to see Terry and his "railway-tracks", Jesse and his always welcome array of equipment, salmon & elk too!
The bros. Cal & Scott, who mostly stayed out of mischief, and another big thanks to Chris for his tireless speaker/equipment juggling/building.
This has become an event not to be missed. If you're lucky enough to have the chance to attend, don't hesitate!
Best
Don

A huge Thank-You, especially to Ruth and Dave
Can't say that enough times.
Great to see Terry and his "railway-tracks"
Modern medicine. If he didn't show us that big zipper on his chest you'd never know, would you?
The bros. Cal & Scott, who mostly stayed out of mischief
You must have been upstair most of the time ;)
and another big thanks to Chris for his tireless speaker/equipment juggling/building.
Doesn't he look good all covered in dust?

Next year, Dave: Missed your 3 ways!
don

If I have room, you might enjoy the 3-ways a little more. The crossover was tweaked a couple times since last fall, and sound a "wee bit better" now, IMHO. ;)
And I now have my own tube amp to bring as well.

Attachments

• amp_running.jpg
    amp_running.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 235
  • serz3way.jpg
    serz3way.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 241
Kyle,

I have to apologize for not responding earlier, as I didn't see this e-mail ("Terry's getting "Dotty?").

We haven't heard the tapped horn either, as Bob asked me yesterday if we could deliver it to Kevin. It's in my truck and I may drive up to Kevin's place this evening. He just moved and is now only about 25 minutes from my house instead of 4-5 hours.

Best Regards,
TerryO

Oh, no worries! Bob had replied a little earlier in the thread with information about it. I was just being nosy!

Kyle

I should have mentioned it earlier, but, thank you very much to Planet 10 and CSS for the wonderful raffle prizes that I managed to win! Madisound also kicked in a ton of great parts that Dave posted a picture of earlier in the thread. It was hard to choose when my ticket was drawn! WAF willing I'll use my won parts to build a killer 2-way for my TV room that I will bring to next year's event.

Kyle

Hello my Audio-Nutbar friends:
A big thank you to Dave and Ruth for putting up with us and all our curiosities. This truly is a great event.
I really enjoy visiting with all my audio friends particularly my brother from another mother.
The highlight of this years event for me was the EL70 paper cone. I was very impressed with the range and quality of music coming from that driver. The hybrid amp that Rene brought was wonderful and provided a very clean amplification source to enjoy the driver.
Jess's Win Lab turn table made even my records come out clean to clear. When Kyle, Jeff and I listened to Dark Side of the Moon I was very impressed. No crackle, no sibilance, no trouble, just smiles.
I must put a special plug in for the Cinnimum buns. Oh My, were they good and just what we needed.
My brother and I kept out of trouble and only pissed a few folks off. We did get throwed out and were banished to the lower stage for the latter part of the night.
The dog did not like my shirt and kept barking at me. I thought I was properly attired for a festival, but I could be wrong.
Thanks again, another great weekend

When Kyle, Jeff and I listened to Dark Side of the Moon I was very impressed. No crackle, no sibilance, no trouble, just smiles.

Another one of the evenings highlights! The volume those drivers were achieving without sounding all that stressed was impressive! I have never run mine that loud! It was just on the verge of too loud for my comfort at that distance!

Kyle

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.