900W H-class PA Amp with Limiter

I will try to make a 3kw smps with 6 outputs for the 3 steps class h, with pfc , the pfc it is almost complete , it's designed for 3.2 kw , effiecency is 97% an uses 3 irfp460 and it's switching frecvency is 75khz .....
All the project is for my school liecence diploma :D

Great project for school, some engeeners with over 20years of expirience was afraid to try 3kW smps... good luck with project and diploma.
Regards

hi apexaudio
greetings do you have any input limiter circuit to share simple
one
thanking you
andrew lebon

Simple limiter without LDR or OTA
Regards

Attachments

• LIMITER.jpg
    LIMITER.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 2,029
Hello to all the Amp Masters

I would like to get my feet wet in building some amps. This is a fairly new topic to me. I do find it very interesting and useful. I do however have some questions. I read through the whole thread but some of this is confusing to me.

Each board is a single channel amp? What is the difference between the A & B on the input side?

What is the difference between V1 and V2 of the amp?

Are 2 protection circuits required for 2 channels?

Is the VAS part of the amp or is it a seperate circuit?

What is a step driver? Is it also required?

I mostly hang out in the projection area. DIY and projector modding is my main hobby. I however am a DJ and have no amp for my speakers. I think it would be way more fun to build one than buy one and that led me to this thread........Thanks for the help...CHEERS!!!:cheers:

Hello to all the Amp Masters

I would like to get my feet wet in building some amps. This is a fairly new topic to me. I do find it very interesting and useful. I do however have some questions. I read through the whole thread but some of this is confusing to me.

Each board is a single channel amp? What is the difference between the A & B on the input side?

What is the difference between V1 and V2 of the amp?

Are 2 protection circuits required for 2 channels?

Is the VAS part of the amp or is it a seperate circuit?

What is a step driver? Is it also required?

I mostly hang out in the projection area. DIY and projector modding is my main hobby. I however am a DJ and have no amp for my speakers. I think it would be way more fun to build one than buy one and that led me to this thread........Thanks for the help...CHEERS!!!:cheers:

A & B pins on the input side are for bridge mode (wireing schematic is in the thread), not use for stereo.
V2 use dual comutation diode in TO220 case with 3 pins.
U need 2 protection circuits for 2 channels
VAS and step driver with IR2117 is on PCB (step driver with TL072 is for convert classAB amps like B500... to classH, not used for H900)
If U are beginner, I suggest U to build some simple amp like this:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/167394-quasi-amplifier-begginers.html
Regards

Attachments

• APEX H900 SCH ref.jpg
    APEX H900 SCH ref.jpg
    663.8 KB · Views: 2,020
  • APEXaudio H900 PCB V2.jpg
    APEXaudio H900 PCB V2.jpg
    690.9 KB · Views: 1,885
Last edited:
apex,
thanks for sharing vertex schematic
i understand pcb is not for share
and you don't want diy'r to go for higher psu like that
if you permit please share idea of adding another step for h900
just modified h900 schematic
thanks,if possible

You must add predrivers and more outputs, and than you can use 3 step classH driver from Vertex, but that will be new amp.
Regards