7"VGA Lilliput + 400w MH project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Lilliput Screen Door effect...

Attachments

• 2004-09-14 proyector iii 009b.jpg
    2004-09-14 proyector iii 009b.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 630
go77306 said:
I am thinking of the lenses.... just wonder how does it work...
You have unsplited fresnels, 310 + 210mm, the combined FL is 125.2mm. you projection lens has a fl of 240mm.... how does it work out? The condenser lens play a big role here? Can someone please explain it to me? thanks!

not mine !
this will answer your question (use the legend and verify distances) easy stuff. Hint, you dont combine the two.

http://www.student.tue.nl/P/t.huiskamp/beamer/schema.jpg

Sorry, can you make it clear? the picture doesn't indicate the FL of objective lens, and it doesn't indicater the distances either... [/B]

The distances coulldn't be any clearer (if your using winxp make sure to view the pic actual size and not screen size) as far as the objective lens on this particular lens it doesn't matter a whole lot since it's a variable lens 285-330mm FL. Its FL setting is probably 285~295mm to work nicely depending on distance to wall. Keep looking at it you will learn alot if not everything from it.
P.S. don't let the mirror throw you off! and try to imagine the light path (you want to get as much light through your objective thats the key to getting a brighter image.

dave123 said:

The distances coulldn't be any clearer (if your using winxp make sure to view the pic actual size and not screen size) as far as the objective lens on this particular lens it doesn't matter a whole lot since it's a variable lens 285-330mm FL. Its FL setting is probably 285~295mm to work nicely depending on distance to wall. Keep looking at it you will learn alot if not everything from it.
P.S. don't let the mirror throw you off! and try to imagine the light path (you want to get as much light through your objective thats the key to getting a brighter image.

I remember that someone here said the objective lens must focus on the lcd in order to get a focused image. Based on my experiment, the throw in distance is playing a role too. If I change the throw in distance, I also need to move the objective lens close/far from LCD.... it seems that statement is false... I am confused....

go77306 said:

I remember that someone here said the objective lens must focus on the lcd in order to get a focused image. Based on my experiment, the throw in distance is playing a role too. If I change the throw in distance, I also need to move the objective lens close/far from LCD.... it seems that statement is false... I am confused....

Read it again I did mention the "depending on distance to wall".

quote:
Originally posted by dave123

Fujinon Copy Lense focal length

I'm interested in using this lense (Fujinon Copy Lense, 240MM FL) in my design, but I am using a 15" LCD panel. If my math is right, to get a 100" picture with this lense's focal length combined with the 15" LCD, will require a throw distance of ~ 6 feet. Which is pretty short.

Some people have mentioned ways to increase a lense's focal length by use of an eye piece. Does anyone have more information of this? Or can anyone suggest any method to increase this lense's focal length?

Que Grande Cordobes!!!

Bernardo,
No puedo creer lo bueno que esta tu DIY Projector!
Espero nos podamos poner en contacto para que me des una idea con el mio que estoy empezando...yo vivo en el cerro de las rosas...te dejo mi numero 4818061....

Te digo lo que tengo hasta ahora:

Un proyector de diapositivas con:
*Lampara de 500W ( En realidad pense que las lamparas MetalHalide no se conseguian aca en CBA, asique de ultima la cambio por una MH)
*Una lente plano convexa, que supongo sera la que llaman condenser.
*La lente de proyeccion
*y alguna otra cosa que le pueda sacar que sirva.

Tengo que comprar la pantalla LCD, que hoy averigue en un caraudio en la caraffa y tienen una Boss de 7" en $700.

Y la/s Fresnel que pense en comprar esas de mercadolibre por $70

Espero me puedas orientar...

Saludos,
Jorge

Bfourcade, I can´t believe how amazing your DIY Projector is!
Hope we can meet so you can give me an idea on the one i´m starting to build. I live in the Cerro de las rosas neighborhood, i leave you my number....

What I have so far:

Slide projector With:
*500W lamp (maybe I can change that for a MHalide one.)
*A PlanoConvex lens, which I suppose it´s the so called Condenser lens...
*Projection lens
*And anything else I could use from it.

I´ve got to buy the LCD Screen, a Boss 7" for about U$s230
And the fresnels...
Hope you can give a hand.
Best regards,
Georgie.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.