7"VGA Lilliput + 400w MH project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Back Side

Attachments

• 2004-09-14 proyector iii 012b.jpg
    2004-09-14 proyector iii 012b.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 589
Hi Guys,

Thanks ( Andronico, TravisBarker and go77306)

I can't manage to get an UV filter yet, but I'm still looking for.

Here are some PIcs, but I'm afraid settings in my camera doesnt help (they are a little over exposed so I'll take them again soon)

Attachments

• 2004-09-14 proyector iii 029b.jpg
    2004-09-14 proyector iii 029b.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 531
Your pictures are so bright!!! Do you mind to post more pictures of your box? light engine and how you mount lcd/fresnels? Are you still using unsplit design or changed to splited fresnels? what are the FLs of your fresnels?

Another question is, how many fans do you have, 400W bulb generates lots of heat, how do you managed to get these hot air out of the box without overheat the LCD? (what is your LCD's temputer?) can you post the url of you condenser lens ? I couldn't find it on surplusheld.com.

What is the name of "asbestos replacement " stuff? I couldn't find it at homedepot here :-(

Thanks!

The screen looks massive whats the diagonal length? And with your cooling do you feel loads of hot air coming out or so so amount?

Hi JX1234567891 . Thanks ! The screen is 2.30mts diagonal (90") imposed by the Shade I'm using as screen.
The air coming out from the proj is hot because its coming directly from the light box to the back side of the projector. As the back side is in contact with the light box I've added a cooper heat sink to help dissipate heat to protect the controller board.

Your pictures are so bright!!! Do you mind to post more pictures of your box? light engine and how you mount lcd/fresnels? Are you still using unsplit design or changed to splited fresnels? what are the FLs of your fresnels?

Thanks go77306, I'll take some pics from the box soon, but Fresnel are mounted almost in touch with the Lilliput metallic frame so there is 7 or 8mm from the LCD to the fresnel. Fresnels still unsplit but I'll be trying spplitted fresnel setup soon just for keystoning (I hope image sharpness don get affected, we'll see...)
Fresnels was provided by Ace (recommended!) and they are some like 310/210 or some FL.

Still working with 2 fans (8cm 220v) really quiet. They are metallic because the air going thru one of them is really hot .

LCD gets warm so I'm still looking for some IR filter.
The lens I'm using as condenser is a 90mm diam 100mm FL Plano convex Lens but it gets broken, so I wont recomend it to you (Im still using it until I get some other condenser more resistant to heat)

Asbest is forbidden because it could be dangerous to health. I managed to get some replacement stuff here in a Hardware store . This replacement is intended to be placed between refrigerator and the Oven on the kitchnet.

I think it will work but better if you get a Plano Convex Lens with the plane side towards the lamp to prevent so much light reflecting at the borders of the lens.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.