7 amp aleph

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2003
Paid Member
The dissipation sheet doesn't account for my heatsink scenario. The sheet seems to suggest that i'm putting all 12 fets on one sink.

On each sink:

- 3 fets @ 670mA each
- each dissipating roughly 30 watts
- at 90 watts the heatsink spec is roughly 0.35°C/W (upon further inspection of the graph)

but i'm dissipating 360watts total, and the 0.35 would not be the correct number to enter into the equation. 0.35/4 (# of sinks per channel)...yes/no/maybe?

Joined 2003
Paid Member
ok, so I was closer the first time.

Where do I go from here? Do I enter 48" for the sink length in the Thermoflo site?

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 170
What's new, if you had the time of day you'd been chunking them out by the numbers, and telling others how to set them up.

JJ is spot on, you already built the cases and know they each handle 4 times 90W without melting a hole in the floor.
90 times 0.25 keeps the heatsinks at a nice 22.5 C's above ambient.
That the power devices will cope with 30W each is set too, so you might as well stick 'm to the plate.

The power company is gonna love you, with luck you'll score the consumer of 2008 title.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.