• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

6f2 - 6n1???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just received my tubes 8 hours ago and they sound great. I am a little confused about the russian branding though.

In the wikipedia , they show a svetlana tube but it has a rocket logo.

6N1P.jpg
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Now in my research thus far, the rocket logo denotes the tube was made in the VOSKHOD factory. Did svetlana go through changes as their brand logo seems to have changed from the S to the winged C.

Either way, the tubes sound great.

PS. I should have read ALL of the wiki...

It has currently found a use as a driver tube in hi-fi tube amplifiers (such as Audio Research models VS55 and VS110) because of its excellent low distortion and low noise characteristics. The tube is being manufactured by "Voshod" plant in Kaluga, Russia (see [1]) and is being distributed in the West under the Sovtek and Svetlana brand names.

This thread comes alive after 3 years... if the topic was done and dusted earlier, hope I get an answer after all this time :)

This Russian Svetlana 6N1P-EB is the replacement that was being discussed earlier for Chinese 6N1?

Russian 6N1P-EB

For Chinese 6N4 (9 pin) the replacement tube is 12AX7 (any 12AX7 or 12AX7-A)?

I replaced the Chinese EL34s of my amp with EH EL34s, but the sound is too warm. Thinking of changing the pre and rectifier tubes and see if it gets better.

Thanks,
Zia

I'm wrong - thread sheds light on difference between 12AX7 and 12AX7A.

But still not sure which is the best replacement for the Chinese 6N4 :( Does the lack of "heater warmup" feature on 12AX7 have any implications in compatibility? I see many makes and models of 12AX7s, while not so many choices for 12AX7A.

I also Got 8X EL34B POWER OUTPUT TUBES on My AMp What ELSE Can I replace it to get a Better Quality BOTTOM ENd Your Help will be Gratefully Appreciated, The AMP has Also Got 5X 6NI TUbES on The Input mode, and I would Like to Replace them with a More Suitable TubeDirect Replacement TUBE. I dont intend to Just Plug The Replacement Tubes Once I get your Answer I will take The AMP to a QUALIFIED Technician to Change The Tubes YOUR HELP will be Appreciated.
Kind Regards
Francis Jansz e. mail fsj@iprimus.com.au

Francis JANSZ

I got 5X 6NI Tubes What Direct Replacement TUBE Can I use without any Alterations Thats Safe
AND THE MUSIC ANGEL has Got 8XC EL34B POWER OUTPUT TUBES , I would Like to Replace them with a More Suitable Replacement Tubes. The Currnt AMp is RATED at 70X70 Watts PER CHANNEL in ULTRA LINEA Mode and 40X40 WATTS PER Channel in CLASS a TRIODE Mode. I am keen to Improve the SOUND without any POWER Loss.
Your Help will be Welcomed with GRATITUDE.
Kind Regards
Francis JANSZ
e.mail: fsj@iprimus.com.au: Olympic: CURRENT AMP PUSH_PULL MUSIC ANGEL XDSE M9 Mark111

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.