• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

6f2 - 6n1???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Francis JANSZ ( Proprietor)

:p
AND THE MUSIC ANGEL has Got 8XC EL34B POWER OUTPUT TUBES , I would Like to Replace them with a More Suitable Replacement Tubes. The Currnt AMp is RATED at 70X70 Watts PER CHANNEL in ULTRA LINEA Mode and 40X40 WATTS PER Channel in CLASS a TRIODE Mode. I am keen to Improve the SOUND without any POWER Loss.
Your Help will be Welcomed with GRATITUDE.
Kind Regards
Francis JANSZ
e.mail: fsj@iprimus.com.au: Olympic: CURRENT AMP PUSH_PULL MUSIC ANGEL XDSE M9 Mark111

The Chinese 6N1 is a copy of the Russian 6N1P, so the best replacement would be a (or 5) 6N1P, or better use the 6N1P-EV.

Ooops, Soundbrigade came in while I was writing....

But, I dont think Ecc88/6922/6DJ8 is a direct replacement for 6N1, gm (12.5 vs 4.4), Ri (2.6 vs 4.4 k) and Max plate voltage (130v for ECC88 and 250v for 6N1P-EV).

Last edited:
300B is a completely different tube that requires a TOTALLY different set-up compared to EL34.
I think any kind of EL34 can be used.
EL34 pinout
EL34_pinout.gif

300B
300B-Tube-Pinout-Diagram.png

Dear TORIVERSEN,
I thank you for the Info Provided, I will Get 5 X 6NIP-EV

In Reference to The EL 34 B (Chinese Tube) Can I Replace it Directly with EH -EL34 or 300 B, Whats The Best Direct Replacement for The EL34B. Your help will be Considered.
Kind Regards
Francis Jansz

Have you changed the tubes in your Music Angel XDSE M9 yet? Did it make an improvement?

If you haven't changed the EL34s yet, I'd go with Mullard reissues over the EHs.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.