60 w power amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Experienced person: "The ones mentioned so far in this thread work and if they are assembled CORRECTLY will not fail. :)"

HE HE HE TRUE .... but realy .... is any of the elektor amplifier ever worked properly ????

i think not ... meaning that most of their amplifiers was stragles to introduce this or that technolgy but sound results were always strange ...the amplifier had this but not that and the model who that didnt had this ... and all of them together never had one of the most importand : stability under all cases ...under some cases yes under all cases ....or if all is too much let me say most then ....

(I am alwoed to have my personal opinion in this ..... )

in real life

in the forum one of the most popular at this range of power and plenty of support is two ( the DX amplifier and the esp P3A amplifier )

to my opinion the DX amplifier is very honnest accurate stable and also measures properly

to my opinion the P3A amplifier is more musical less accurate and more nervous than the dx ( bennefits of sziklai ) also stable and doesnt measure that good next to the DX

you may choose what fits you better

though you need to keep in mind that terms like low distortion dont come from a schematic .... construction, pcb, wiring , psu and the total layout makes a hell of a lot of diference to achive a target like that

happy regards sakis

Hi Meledath, welcome to the forum. Firstly may I enquire what your experience is with building electronics. Can you make PCBs or have them made. Are you looking for something simple or complex. Do you need all the information or are you capable of designing your own supply, wiring, etc.

Kindest regards

Nico

Thanks to All WHO ARE LOOKING TO MY THREAD ,

Dear Jacco ,

YAP AMP IS SOMETHING REALY A GREAT ONE TO BUILT. BUT I NEED ONE WITH 100 - 120 WATT.
IS THIS YAP AMPLIFIER CAN WORK WITH +/_42 V SUPPLY OR LESS. SO THE O/P CAN BE IN THE RANGE OF 100 WATT.

HI Nico,

I have some experiece with building electronics and very interested to bulid HI-fi amplifier circuits.

i know aprofessional who can make good PCBs . i can design my supply. but for wiring and lay out , I need advice from all experieced people.

THANKS AGAIN

by MJL - Experienced person: "The ones mentioned so far in this thread work and if they are assembled CORRECTLY will not fail. "

:p :) ha ha , They do forget all the Doug self clones (all the quasi amps , frugal amp 2 ) and the symasym , which can easily be run from 60v rails and drive 2 pair outputs (supersym - 100+ watts).

Patchwork is also very stable , as are all the bootstraps(DX amps)... one would have to omit the miller cap to get one to oscillate.

The YAP , while being a excellent amp , is a bit hard for a beginning project. If I had to make 2 100 watt amps for a saturday party , I would either do 2 patchworks or 2 frugal1's/ brother of quasi's (what parts I had on hand would determine this).

Another good collection of amps that work (I "steal" ideas from them), is Dr. Jagodic's collection .. use the search in forum , he has so many.
Usually , if a amp is a fire hazard or an oscillator , the forum members will jump right on it .. so most amps here will at least work with no magic smoke :bomb::redhot: . Some are small , some are big,and some sound better than others.
OS

not a bad amp but something went wrong!!!lol

i built the p3a amp from elliots pages for my HNC electronics project assignment

using paralleled output devices as the suggested mod shows...was pwerfrul, tight sounding and clean......all excepot for the audible supply hum i got ...although i dont know the origin of the noise(except that it was mains hum)

possibly the 10000uf, in a single cap on each rail was a bad idea.....or my PCB layout, which waas simple and almost the same as the circuit schematic in layout)either way, it was noisy enough for me to go back to my cambridge audio A! for the living room and rezign the p3a to the cupboard...

i built the p3a amp from elliots pages for my HNC electronics project assignment

using paralleled output devices as the suggested mod shows...was pwerfrul, tight sounding and clean......all excepot for the audible supply hum i got ...although i dont know the origin of the noise(except that it was mains hum)

possibly the 10000uf, in a single cap on each rail was a bad idea.....or my PCB layout, which waas simple and almost the same as the circuit schematic in layout)either way, it was noisy enough for me to go back to my cambridge audio A! for the living room and rezign the p3a to the cupboard...

make a search about
----ground loops and
----star ground philosophy
---- replace the the rca plugs you have in the box with isolated ones
---- try another source except your PC
---- lift the psu ground from the chassis ground

and you are done ....

happy regards sakis

Can Work With

The operating points of the YAP are not directly governed by the voltage levels of the rails.
It's little things you can alter to fit lower voltages, like the value of resistors that set the current for the red leds and/or zener diodes, for instance R140 in the OPS.

The decent thing to do would be to tell Mr Ovidiu Popa (the artist still known as Syn08) that you intend to build his design and ask for his support. :clown:

make a search about
----ground loops and
----star ground philosophy
---- replace the the rca plugs you have in the box with isolated ones
---- try another source except your PC
---- lift the psu ground from the chassis ground

and you are done ....

happy regards sakis

LOL thanks sakis...I am a power electronics engineer so i didnt think there was a ground loop problem, and i know star point earthing philosphy rather well too as i deal with 33kV or more on a daily basis....RCA plugs are already isolated from chassis body(and thus the chassis earth), havent ever use amplifier with my pc lol....but lifting the PSU earth from the chassis may be the solution...........

when you describe PSU earth...are you referring to the transformer earth or or the 0V line from PSU to chassis earth....

i assume you mean the former earth, and as i built the PSU in a seperate box, connecting the DC supply(+40~ 0~ -40) via reverse IEC cable. All amplifier earths connected to 0V line via starpointed connection on the amp chassis. I am fairly sure that this was correct... although i MAY have omitted the small 'snubber' that is shown on circuit diagram, so i suppose this may be the problem.

What do you think?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.