6 channel class-d amp for car, need guidance...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
low res pics to reduce size

the transformer core with windings

notice use of long terminations so that the turns ratio can be increased if higher voltages req in future :)

Attachments

• 14cm dia core.jpg
    14cm dia core.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 618
notice that the different modules r not good looking.my main concern was to have a robust,tough and durable ckt.i have used 10 strands of wire for sec. and 25 strands for primary windings.
the wire used is .5mm dia copper wires,3 of them each in a single wire.
mosfets r 20amp each.diodes 10amp max each.will upgrade diodes when needed to atleast 35amp each.
core is monestrous 14cm dia ,costed a hell.i teasted it in college and it was continously supplying 900w without any strain on core(remained warm)!!!!using more powerful diodes,fans and more mosfets,it can safely go to 1600w(i believe).
i need 300w only lest my car battery will dry up in a sec.but what i wanna convey is that the smps is capable,supplies 30v.so i have a capable power supply for the car amps.whatever watts the amp desires smps has the capability
reviews please:)

sagarverma said:
hi xplode,
good link.great one i should say.i always had probs with xformer winding.ckt was finished in few hours(from pcb to full done),but perfect xformer wiring was a pain in ***.wind unwind wind unwind........to get symmetrical o/p.

hi homer,
couldnt post bec of festive season.will post the pics soon(today).how much u done smps?made tripath amp????

hey sagarverma, hope you enjoyed your holidays.

nice work! love to see you crank out function over form smps's. keep em coming :D

i hope i have an easier time winding...

im still waiting for a free sample from an inductor manufacturer to use as a core. i basically havent started anything yet :xeye:

i want to upgrade my head unit first.

as for building tripath amp, im leaning to biting the bullet and coughing up the cash for 3 kits.

hi homer,
a car is a harsh environment,so the smps i have made had to b as much robust as i can make.the solder connections are like mini mountains.very thick tracks bec at the end of it all,i dont want anyone sitting in the car to say that the system u made really looks as if u made it.i want professional quality,no matter how ugly it looks.bec at the end of it,its only the music that u hear and not see the circuitary behind the magic.
i hope u will help me through the class d when u realise them :)

Looks like your are amking good progress.

Here a pic of my current project, the supply module is of the schematic I tried in vein to post before.

I am not sure of it maximum output, supply rails are 35+/- and it can swing those to power module in while in bridge mode to 30v +/- into 4 ohm or 60 volts into 4 ohms.

Attachments

• amp10.jpg
    amp10.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 612
And the board layout.

I unfortunately lost the schem to the amplifier module but will recreate it if anyone is interested.

They are super simple, stable, and powerful using onsemi mjh6284/6287 comp pairs.

They sound ok but this not a prob I intend to use this for low frequencies.

Attachments

• smpsls.gif
    smpsls.gif
    20.6 KB · Views: 562
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.