500W PA amplifier with Limiter

Hmm, I guess I have to build this then. Not sure if that is good or bad. I built a copy of a 50 watt Marshall tube guitar amp and about 30 guitar pedals but not sure if that qualifies me for this. Learned alot but still somewhat painting by numbers. Not going to let that stop me from trying though and I really need a good pa to finish my rig. Hoping I can get some answers for a few stupid questions when they come up. Alot has already been answered though. Thanks for sharing the project. Take awhile to get the parts and burn the boards...

Hmm, I guess I have to build this then. Not sure if that is good or bad. I built a copy of a 50 watt Marshall tube guitar amp and about 30 guitar pedals but not sure if that qualifies me for this. Learned alot but still somewhat painting by numbers. Not going to let that stop me from trying though and I really need a good pa to finish my rig. Hoping I can get some answers for a few stupid questions when they come up. Alot has already been answered though. Thanks for sharing the project. Take awhile to get the parts and burn the boards...
With basic expirience in diy, you have no problem to build this amplifier. I made B500 to be simple and easy for diy, no matching no adjust, just few measurment with DMM.
Regards

Hello,

I'm from Thailand. My experience level of audio circuit is novice.
I will DIY this project soon. But I'm not sure how can I found the LED-LDR module in local market.

Any problem occure if I not install it?

Thank you for sharing the project.

Sorry for my poor English.

Regards,
No problem, you just have no clip limiter, and you can put regular LED for clip indicator.
Regards

apex,
please post b500 component landscape with traces shadow like this h900 please

Attachments

• APEXaudio%20H900[1].jpg
    APEXaudio%20H900[1].jpg
    537.2 KB · Views: 4,064
Is the component labeled 12V 16A in the soft start a dpst relay? Also, where does the +/- 30vdc come from? It looks like no power from the mains until the 30vdc comes in. Sorry if this is a stupid question; I've never had to build this type circuit until now. Is this circuit absolutely necessary? Thanks for any help. I'll be etching boards this weekend.

Is the component labeled 12V 16A in the soft start a dpst relay? Also, where does the +/- 30vdc come from? It looks like no power from the mains until the 30vdc comes in. Sorry if this is a stupid question; I've never had to build this type circuit until now. Is this circuit absolutely necessary? Thanks for any help. I'll be etching boards this weekend.
30VDC for soft-start relay you have from protect board useing +/-15V without GND. Without soft-start main fuse will blow when transformer powered up. QSC use 1R 10W NTC on some amps instead soft-start circuit.
Regards

Hi Apex..I just finish built P500 from P900 without step-up driver..and with jumper as yours intructions..
Testing with toroid ct 47vac, elco Philips 17.000uf/100vdc x 2, and dioda bridge 40A...
Result..on tone control positioning 9 o'clock..sound (low, mid, high) is clear, detail, beautiful...but on positioning 10 o'clock..low unstable...What is wrong??
Sorry my english
Regards