500W PA amplifier with Limiter

Hi Apex..I just finish built P500 from P900 without step-up driver..and with jumper as yours intructions..
Testing with toroid ct 47vac, elco Philips 17.000uf/100vdc x 2, and dioda bridge 40A...
Result..on tone control positioning 9 o'clock..sound (low, mid, high) is clear, detail, beautiful...but on positioning 10 o'clock..low unstable...What is wrong??
Sorry my english
Regards
Can you post picture, I must see GND wireing, do you measurment DC voltages, do you have osciloscope?
Regards

Thanks Apex...After I check again..one ground from input unconnected...so I connected from central ground...PA will OK...sound of wonderfull..low, mid, high...all is OK..One again thanks Apex..DC offset 100mv. I haven't osciloscop. This picture:
Imageshack - moduldepan.jpg
Imageshack - modulbawahjauh.jpg
Imageshack - tampaklengkap.jpg
Do you have 0,5V on 100R in emiters MJE340/MJE350? You can have lower offset if you matching 2N5551/2N5401, and MJE340/MJE350, this is better than adjust by trimpot and go to unsimetry.
Regards

I'm wondering about the tone contol too; I haven't seen one in schematics. I don't need one but don't want to miss a connection if required.

Started building my boards but now have to order some more parts.
Amplifier don't have any tone controls, just have pot for volume control.
If you want to use mic preamp with tone control, equaliser or active x-over for sub-sut operate, that is separate modul, I can share some of this circuits in new thread "Active x-overs" if you want.
Regards

I finished collecting b500, here's what I got! "A few days ago will be tested.

Attachments

• IMG_1966.jpg
    IMG_1966.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 3,610
Last edited: