+-45vdc regulated power supply schematics needed.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
I want to build a +-45v dc regulated power supply for my TDA7293 stereo amplifier. But the problem is i have a 36-0-36 v ac 1000va transformer and the max voltage for TDA7293 is +-50v dc :( . can someone give me schematics for +-45v dc regulated power supply?
Sorry for English.

If you use "Full-Wave Bridge Rectifier" it is necessary voltage drop 0.7 volts for each diode is in series, ie 0.7 * 2 = 1.4 volts for a "Full-Wave Bridge Rectifier".
In time of need you can put 2 or 3 "Full-Wave Bridge Rectifier" after each other, ie 2 units = 2.8 volts or 3 units = 4.2 volts.
In other words, 36 volts AC * SQR (2) = 51 volts AC minus 1.4 volts per "you use and at 2" Full-Wave Bridge Rectifier "will be about 48.2 volts at 3" Full-Wave Bridge Rectifier "is the 46.8 volts.
But the best is to have the correct AC voltage transformer and 1 "Full-Wave Bridge Rectifier"

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/electronic/rectct.html
http://www.otherpower.com/rectifiers/image002.jpg
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_you_convert_from_AC_volt_to_DC_volt_by_equations

Last edited:
Hi,
I want to build a +-45v dc regulated power supply for my TDA7293 stereo amplifier. But the problem is i have a 36-0-36 v ac 1000va transformer and the max voltage for TDA7293 is +-50v dc :( . can someone give me schematics for +-45v dc regulated power supply?
Sorry for English.

how heavy is your traffo? what is the primary dc resistance? how high does your power line go?

if you know the answers to my question then we can say if you can use your traffo....as it stands, yours is on the brink....

36-0-36 v ac 1000va transformer looks huge for 7293 you can power half a dozen of such amps easy....

36-0-36 v ac will give you +-50volts dc unloaded, but loaded it will still drop....

I have seen and measured +-50.5Vdc from a 4% regulation 0-35,0-35Vac transformer run on a 240Vac supply. My supply is specified as rising to 254Vac.
That +6% on supply voltage and the +5% due to regulation gives much higher voltages at the output of the PSU.

If a higher regulation transformer (EI or smaller toroid) were adopted the upper voltage would be even further outside the manufacturer's specification for voltage when zero signal is present.

Please always think about a possible mains-overvoltage. Usual a smart design calculates with 10%.
55V kills.....! make it easy: take a darlington such as TIL142 / TIL 147 into the suply-lines and a Zener of 50V to the base. It is not very stable but enough for an chipamp
ingo

Hi,
Sorry for English.
Here's +_50dc High speed regulated power supply. My friend has DIY this power supplies for sale in USA ($3000)

Attachments

• Power+50V.jpg
    Power+50V.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 362
  • Power-50V.jpg
    Power-50V.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 347
Last edited:
how heavy is your traffo? what is the primary dc resistance? how high does your power line go?

if you know the answers to my question then we can say if you can use your traffo....as it stands, yours is on the brink....

36-0-36 v ac 1000va transformer looks huge for 7293 you can power half a dozen of such amps easy....

36-0-36 v ac will give you +-50volts dc unloaded, but loaded it will still drop....

this is very misleading.

i will await Maroof to respond......

meanwhile please look at the 7293 datasheet and see that it is a 120-volt, 100-watt, DMOS audio amplifier with mute and standby part......http://www.st.com/internet/com/TECHNICAL_RESOURCES/TECHNICAL_LITERATURE/DATASHEET/CD00001887.pdf

so i do not know what the big deal is....:D

Hi,
Sorry for English.
You need the 2X45VAC transformer right?

Attachments

• Tranformer2X110X45X18X12.jpg
    Tranformer2X110X45X18X12.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 322

In my area mains voltage is 220v but it is always 5% to 10% less so as u said above i think there is no problem in using 35-0-35vac transformer.:D

In my area mains voltage is 220v but it is always 5% to 10% less so as u said above i think there is no problem in using 35-0-35vac transformer.:D

No problem as long as you have enough heatsinking. When the speaker impedance is way below 8 Ohm, you will need very big heatsink, may be with a fan. Bottom line, you will be able to find out if it is okay or not by observing the temperature with high volume condition (and known speaker).

Problem is, the distortion may be high in that situation, so with the transformer current capability, it is even preferable to drop some voltage with transistor (mosfet for easy drop). This is not only solution to your problem, but I will do it for the sake of sound quality even if the chip can handle +/-70V

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.