4 x TDA1543 parallel dac schematic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Can you post a higher resolution (or clearer) version of this? Tried to download and sharpen but many details are still blurry. BTW, I have this DAC (assuming its the Muse one). I found out that the regulator for the DIR9001 chip is 5V on mine as well as this guys:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/512389/mini-dac-tda1543-x-4-nos/570#post_7658773

If you have this, then check the small AMS 1117 regulator next to the two small caps by this chip. If it says "AMS1117 5.0" then it has to come out. I'm replacing it with "AMS1117 3.3" which I ordered a few days ago.

Thanks,
Philippe

Last edited:
Its not the same as the Muse one - just had a quick look. A few differences are:

• Has an SPDIF input transformer (none on Muse)
  • Has 4 way DIP switch (single c/o switch on Muse)
  • Has clock oscillator module (none on Muse)
  • Muse has DIR9001, this has CS841X (can't read)
  • Muse has 74HC00 SPDIF input conditioning, this has none.
  • Has individual digital input resistors on each 1543, Muse has them in common.

<edit> I'm the guy who posted about the 5.0V reg on Headfi :cool:

Last edited:
Its not the same as the Muse one - just had a quick look. A few differences are:

• Muse has DIR9001, this has CS841X (can't read)

Ah, ok. So this thread is about a diffeent DAC then. Thanks for the post on headfi. You saved me from destroying the DIR9001 chip. :)

Hi !

I guess this schematics is very close to the 4X TDA 1543 Muse DAC.

Just consider this is for 1 TDA1543 so modify I/V stage resistors and output capacitors. There is also an extra 5V regulator for the 74H00 but its useless, perfect working with the 3.3 V regulator.

Cheers !

Attachments

• DAC 1543 MUSE like.jpg
    DAC 1543 MUSE like.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 1,095
I guess this schematics is very close to the 4X TDA 1543 Muse DAC.

Yes indeed - from my modding to the input stage I'd say you've found it. Just need to parallel the DACs on the output side and that's going to be almost it.

Just consider this is for 1 TDA1543 so modify I/V stage resistors and output capacitors.

Oddly enough the quickest and simplest way to improve the sound is to delete the two caps C4 & C5. Don't know why but it might have something to do with keeping the ground clean.

There is also an extra 5V regulator for the 74H00 but its useless, perfect working with the 3.3 V regulator.

Yes, the Muse doesn't have this regulator, just a large resistor, value I think about 150R.

Thanks for C4 C5 tip !

By the way, make sure you have the
right voltage on TDA1543s... LM317 on the schematics
also have to be adjusted...

Now i m going
to make my own DAC ala DDDAC,
with 48 TDA1543, 74HVC125 buffers and refined
power supplies :)

Someone has tried to reclock the DIR9001
with XO clock ? Better sounding ?

Someone has tried to reclock the DIR9001
with XO clock ? Better sounding ?

Was curious about the same thing but found out in this thread:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-line-level/168359-tda1541a-dir9001-dac-reclock.html

that the DIR9001 does not have a slave mode like the CS8412/14 does. So no dice there, I guess. But you can still try separate shunt regulators for the +5V and +3.3V Vout pins. Another option is to replace the LM317 and AM1117 regulators for Panasonic AN800x ones. Peter Daniel used them on his TDA1543 dac. I'm currently using this 12V battery for the power supply:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...+9800mAH+Portable+Li-ion+Rechargeable+Battery

and it works well with the dac so far.

Last edited:

• Muse has DIR9001, this has CS841X (can't read)Receiver isCS8414

I can read that :) the receiver is CS8414 !!
I have the original file which is 5 mb of jpg. So, if you need that file, send me your an e-mail address

Last edited:
Its possible to use them but in modding these DAC-AHs (I have 3 now) I took the path of least resistance and decided not to fiddle too much with the receiver chip. I'd not have chosen the CS8414 if I'd been building a DAC from scratch - the WM is my first choice. I'm not yet sure how relevant jitter is to good sound - I improved the DAC-AH with a lot of attention to circuit layout and almost no attention to jitter.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.