4 sided omni speaker

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I need something more permanent than foamcore. Tinster, it was reflections inside of the cabinet that was making it sound horrible. and the large 12"wide x 41"tall baffles on each side. And I also think the multiple drivers in one cabinet may have not helped either. I 've come to the conclusion that I need a small as possible baffle and a sealed enclosure but with no coloration's and the same clarity of an OB except slightly better because the rear reflections aren't adding any phase anomaly's. At least that's what I was shooting for. Something like the planet killer from star trek. :D

Attachments

• planet_killer.jpg
    planet_killer.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
XRK, I was picturing flat ply sides with 1/8 aluminum making the curves. But I think I'll end up with the dagger design (I'm deeming that an official name created by you :) ) for it's ease of construction. round like the B&W would probably have advantages but not real easy to recreate.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Cradeldorf,
I like the "Dagger" and already have the marketing tagline: Penetrating transparency that stabs your attention...

Get me your favorite driver that you want to use and I will come up with the ideal Dagger dimensions for you. Are you talking bass, midrange, tweeter, or fullrange?

A triangle dagger shaped box is indeed easy to build. having a 3 foot rear extension ensures that proper spacing from driver to rear wall is strictly adhered to. :)

I tossed a couple of design ideas together in illustrator. I'm using Fostex Fe103En's and they will be doing full range except for what the sub fills in at the bottom. Technically I could do 4 daggers per side each with a different range. I wonder if that would be a good thing ? Actually I think I will stick with one as you get the best sounding pin point accuracy.

Attachments

• Dagger.jpg
    Dagger.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.