3D Spiral Horns Anyone?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i was experimenting OB but the wind form the window crasched one panel and the driver collapsed. as said OB can give much satysfaction, the price for a woofer is really within the price for a 5.6 BB woods... and the bass will be better than your uncle's avantgrade :)

btw i think it's really clever to try the CSA cabinet so you can make a comparison with the already working spirals and let us know.

just one thing, ask david dicks if the 5.6 is suitable for the 8" and what kind of port will work better, i think he is always suggesting the big port on the 8".

can you really live with a cabinet so big? it's almost the same space: width and distance from the wall that a big OB would take :) maybe the 2.8mkII is more friendly, ask CSA if the 5.6 is worth the super 8...

now that i recall on one thread of some months ago a guys showed a back loaded horn, they said the AN was working good within. anyway i think going CSA 2.8 or 5.6 is the best way to have a real reference. don't even think of their smaller cabinets...

I think AN Super 8 in OB will not give good bass response, unless you have a subz. Well, 5.6 with AN Super 8 is on the list of 5.6 cabinet, as per commonsense audio. The 5.6 will be used in a 10 ft.ceiling height and 60 sq.mts live room. He suggested that no port will be needed, just one 6 inches hole..like 2.8 seri.1 big port.

I'll keep you posted about this probably on Oct.15.

Thanks.:)

sure it can't be on OB alone, it needs one or better two woofers where the second can help till around 500hz, sine the AN needs a reinforcment there in the lower-mids, that's why a big port instead of he two tweens will give more fullfilling sound.

you made me want to find a spare super 8" to match the one of mines that remaind integer... maybe i'll manage it :) let me now about the results.

also if you didn't notice, the miniwatt amplifier can be the way to make them sings, there is a talking going on about that and others on another thread.

i'll wait to hear what you got.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.