3 Way crossovers 2nd order

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I would put the original speakers crossovers into the speakers but they cost 1000USD, respectively 660euros and have ferrite cores that is what i mean, not realy hi-fi. I have searched for a SM but did not find upon these speakers cause I would have copied them. So i do not know of the original crossovers, no inductance, no wire gauge, no resistance to replicate them.

So not to press any other points I want to make the crossovers with the most common met values of caps and resistors example: 63V, 47uf, 4,7uf and others that I don't know. Coils If 3.0mH will fit and will require only unwiding for one of the pair of drivers it is ok. These beeing said ceramic resistors are not even in the question, I don't know what values they have to be.

Off the shelf medication don't kill people, but work well only when they are used for the right disease.... same applies to crossovers.

P.S: the forum is quite different from instant messaging, it would be better to write everything in one post and then post it and avoid posting 5 small sentences in 5 different posts...

Oszkar, you have been not getting much help from the forum here. :D

Can I suggest you build a two-way along these lines in about 20 litres of closed box or reflex.

I'm assuming you have a 7" woofer or thereabouts. We could fiddle about with it with more details about the drivers. But ought to work.

Attachments

• Oszkar_crossover.JPG
    Oszkar_crossover.JPG
    24.6 KB · Views: 126
Here are some pictures of the speaker components, pllots and parameters! I have inserted the values of the drivers that I could find according to their datasheet. I do not know if the graphs are correct. The woofers are in serries configured! Pic one of the t/s is for pair one and pic two is for pair two! Only so that everibody knows! All good!

Attachments

• P1020899.jpg
    P1020899.jpg
    594.4 KB · Views: 105
  • DATA_13022078.jpg
    DATA_13022078.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 91
  • DATA_13022079.jpg
    DATA_13022079.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 87
  • XO Plot Pair 1..png
    XO Plot Pair 1..png
    243.8 KB · Views: 91
Well, this IS a difficult one! :D

That Visaton M10 Cone Midrange is NOT GOOD. :mad:

I delved at Troels Gravesen to find an ancient SEAS 3 way:
SEAS Kit 503

Best I could do was a Zobel on the woofer and use the M10 as a bit of a filler driver. It doesn't do much except ease the strain on the tweeter. How did you get on?

Attachments

• Oszkar_M10+Sundry.PNG
    Oszkar_M10+Sundry.PNG
    24.6 KB · Views: 43
  • Oszkar_M10+Sundry_Circuit.PNG
    Oszkar_M10+Sundry_Circuit.PNG
    11.1 KB · Views: 39
Woofers i think will do the job, midranges here are three aspects really there are and they amuze me about the midranges the originals weren't much hi-fi atall I think since the original speakers named CS-V50F were Karaoke BAR speakers sold togheder with Amplifier, reverb control, mic control , deph control and, they were made for simply just power and I don't know where that sound comes from or virtual surround since the mids were mounted on a orienting to left and right ornament each. I think that for this they compensated little in they sound spectrum as sometimes when they do not fire directly they offer the full rage spectrum of sound that they are intended to reproduce. Here are some pics of the speakers that are original to the brand and serial. For the midranges i do not have anymore space to make the boxes, so the Visaton M10 Midranges are allright for the job.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.