3 Way crossovers 2nd order

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here are the original speakers!

Attachments

• DSC00956 (810 x 1080)_1278985885.jpg
    DSC00956 (810 x 1080)_1278985885.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 110
  • A184_I1.jpg
    A184_I1.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 111
I'm really lost as to what you are doing here, Oszkar. Are you replacing the original drive units OR WHAT? :confused:

We have some 200mm Kevlar bass units, some M10 visaton cone midranges and some dome tweeters. OK.

I can only think you figure out the original crossover, or redesign along, say, Spendor BC1 lines for a lowish crossover to the mid, which is going to behave quite similarly to the old Celestion HF1300:
Spendor BC1

FWIW, I got the M10 working in Boxsim, but had to manually input the cone type, diameter and cone area. A comparison with the TW70 sealed cone tweeter and some checking at Visaton site should give you the idea.

Check these XO's out! They are 1st order and they seem to behave quite pleasant!
Lower are the original crossovers and a pic of the interior of the original speakers!

Attachments

• 637903268_o.jpg
    637903268_o.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 35
  • 637903141_o.jpg
    637903141_o.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 40
  • Detaliu filtre medii si inalte.jpg
    Detaliu filtre medii si inalte.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 35
  • Detaliu filtru bass.jpg
    Detaliu filtru bass.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 36
  • Pioneer CS-V50F3XO.jpg
    Pioneer CS-V50F3XO.jpg
    291.8 KB · Views: 35
Oszkar, I really don't have time to develop a 3-way crossover for such unpromising components as you have chosen. :D

I can suggest a 8" plus 1" two-way that ought to sound reasonable in a 30 litre box. Below.

That's all you get from me. :cool:

Attachments

• Oszkar_Suggested_Crossover.PNG
    Oszkar_Suggested_Crossover.PNG
    6.7 KB · Views: 39
Well, I have read some more and as states out in speakers literature for 2nd order highpass 3,5 khz should be fine in my case, my case being tweeter: 2500 - 20000hz and that is what I am going with. For the mids Visaton M10 should not be so hard. And the basses found them by name and brand and states out for they to be SAL (Hungarian Speakers Company) SBX2030BK 120-80w, 3000Hz, 30oz magnet.

Here is all I have found about the drivers: Tweeters 1" recycled plastic tweeter with back positioned acoustic absorbant material rated at 8ohm, 8oz magnet, 2500-20000hz, no fs, qts, qms. The midranges I will go with are speaka 75/90, basses are SAL KBX 2030 all the data showed above and in pics posted before. The midranges will have a 3 liter cabinet of theyr own. I wonder if heco ascada 770 crossovers will be good they spec at crossover cutfrequencies 150/3500 4ohm.

Here are the plots for them for the XO's they are having L pads on the twweters and the basses but I can't the parts at supplyers and too much linking won't work for them. The mids I will be using are the speaka 75/90. I am buying heco ascada 770 crossovers if they are passing to them good. They are ready made and that might be the end of it! I will be soon done with the boxes stuffing coating orientation of the mids and front grille. So thanx all for the help! Goodbye!

Sorry about the exclamation mark I am 27 and i have 24 years of school! just pure accomodation!

And even when you reply in an apology you continue to use them?

WHY DO YOU KEEP YELLING AT US! IT"S NOT NICE TO ADD EMPHASIS TO EVERY STATEMENT! IT MAKES IT SEEM LIKE YOU THINK YOU ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN OTHERS WHO ARE TYPING!

Do you see the problem? If so, stop.

Erik

Hello! I am building a pair of speakers each unit containing 2 basses, 2 mids, 2 highs! Powers are as following: 120w bass/unit aramid, mids i do not own them yet but supposing they will be visaton m10 or similar, highs are silk dome tweeter with back possitioned wave absorbant material 150w/unit!
I want to avoid bell ring on bass!
Cut frequency 1500/8000hz!
I do not know a schematic or what is needed to make theese crossovers!
Preferably i would make them as cs-v50f from PIONEER!

Besides the problem with your use of exclamation points, you really have two choices:

1 - Find a kit or design online to build from
2 - Learn more about speaker design
3 - Buy your speakers from E-bay.

Your requirements don't make a lot of sense yet, however it seems you may like some line arrays, or partial-arrays like Nola Speakers.

You can also find a lot of information about open baffle designs and kits which will sound much better than the Pioneer's you are trying to emulate (with dipole radiators) here at Linkwitz Labs.

Best,

Erik

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.