3 Way crossover details...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok more renders...

Ok here are some more renders, I havent had much time to do too many iterations and I discarded many that didnt look good already.
There is still the option of having the Tweeter in the middle as suggested earlier but I am working on it now.
I also changed the legs. As for the colors, that will come later, I am just using the wood texture since it seems to be the one most liked so far.
Leo

SpeakerComparison3.jpg

SpeakerComparison3Front.jpg

SpeakerComparison3Side.jpg

Third from left of the front and 3/4 view renders floats my boat :)

New base is great as are the fine touches you've done, an impressive design!

Yes, perhaps the screws would look better in black, in real life they will show up plenty even in black, chromed/stainless might be too stark.

I was over at Leo's house yesterday to drop off some crossovers for another project (it's also really neat looking, but I promised not to say anything until it's finished) and he was kind enough to show me the renderings of the above, on his computer. He rotated them around and so forth and the cabinet designs were impressive. Evidently I missed this thread until today, it should be a real eye opener when it's done. I also like the third cabinet shown at the top of this page.

I'll be following this one!:D

[Edit: In the interests of full disclosure, I must state that Leo overpaid me by $8.00 (for parts and solder) which I intend on giving back to him. One must protect their Amateur standing!]
:D

Best Regards,
TerryO

Last edited:
Just a little update on how things are going so that people dont think I am dead ;) The project has been very slow for many months now since I got back to work and have been pretty busy, plus the weather has not helped much either. But I am almost ready to finish the cabinets that Terry spoke about and helped me build the crossover for.
As soon as those cabinets go out into the public, I will start with the ones that this thread is about, the main ones for my home.
Will keep you updated.
Leo

Hi Leo,

I was within a couple of blocks from your place the other day and started wondering how things were going. Don't forget that I want to see your current project (and hear them as well) when you're finished. I hope you post pictures, as I'm pretty sure that a lot of people are going to be stunned by the results!

Best Regards,
TerryO

Last edited:
Hi Terry, I am sorry I didnt give you guys any updates but I have been swamped with work and didnt have much time to do anything on the speakers. Anyway, I am about to get into a very slow time at work and will get back into the speaker scene again finally ;)
I will let you know as soon as I have any news.
Take care...
Leo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.