2x10 or 1x12" UK Woofer suggestions please.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Older thread....not sure if you decided but I'd add that I'd go the dual 10" route to avoid floor bounce which would be forced if using a single bass driver given how close it needs to be to the Fullrange.

There's not a lot of pro 10's that dig deep.....they're mostly midbass units. That being said, there's plenty of hifi 10's that will dig deep and as a pair will provide some added efficiency. Scanspeak Discovery 26w in a series pair would be my choice in 2.75cuft ported.

Ok decided, I want the Beyma 10BR60. I have a Rotel RMB 1048 with 8x40w of power amp flying to me soon.

Now I just need a great cabinet design...These will be actively crossed, and using the MiniDSP will have control so can adjust on the fly.

I want the cabinet to be curved, with a small width baffle as possible. That is all I require.

Any ideas for ported designs, or sealed, push/pull, push/push etc...?

Well, still haven't purchased.

Been looking at having OB woofers, especially to mate with my Betsy's that are sat around.

Any reason not to try a Eminence Alpha 15a each side, running OB as a FAST, helper woofer?

These are still to be mated to Alpair 7.3 for 100Hz or so up. And to be tried out with the Betsy.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.