2sk1058 availability?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am trying to find new 2sk1058 mosfets. Are these still made or should i just try the Exicon parts?

Tayda electronics? says online they have the 2sk1058 in stock. anyone heard or ordered from these guys before?

or.. is there a currently made lateral mosfet that is better or equivalent to these?

Thanks!

2SK1056 ~ 2SK1058 series is long discontinued, but still obtainable. For example, MCM Electronics still carries stock of them.

The replacements are 2SK2220 (180V, 8A) and 2SK2221 (200V, 8A). Their complements are 2SJ351 and 2SJ352. These are in TO-3p mold package and made by Renesas, a spin-off from Hitachi. Renesas claims these are "improved" version but the capacitance here and there increased from the original (2SK133~135 series and 2SK1056~1058 are practically the same except for the packaging).

Have fun!
Satoru

Last edited:
2SK1056 ~ 2SK1058 series is long discontinued
Renesas, a spin-off from Hitachi.
Satoru

They are still active parts, I placed a purchase order to renesas in Feb 2010 and is about to receive them.
If you buy this pair in sufficient quantity, their price is about twice of irfp240/9240, which I think is very reasonable.

And Renesas is a joint venture of Hitachi and Mitsubishi, with NEC also joint in at April fool day this year.

(I seached forum, hope you do not mind)

I thought it would be nice to play a bit with 2SK1058 & 2SJ162.
JUst for a simulated of course.
I am not in reality ... :D:D:D:D

At tis scheme, is the vGS versus idle 100 mA reasonable?
Think mabe the voltage is a bit low from real value ...

Attachments

• 1_bias100.png
    1_bias100.png
    11.5 KB · Views: 1,717
I am not in reality , either.. :smirk: Only damn close. Below is a proper "test pig" for 2SK1058/J162. They sound just about identical to the MJL1302/1281's BJT's on the same "blameless". You can be much "lazier" , and omit the Vbe. Drawback is cost .. Ampslab has known originals .. 2SK1058 RENESAS/Hitachi Audio Power Mosfet - Buy Online @ AmpsLab
Stay away from Ebay..fakes and thieves !!

Btw , circuit below biases the output devices at 110mA per device to get .0003% /1khz @ 50W , a little more than what the same BJT Op pair would require to reach the "sweet spot".

OS

Attachments

• pig.gif
    pig.gif
    19.7 KB · Views: 953
Last edited:
thanks ostripper
i am no wiser ....

could you have a look how much vgs is for 110 mA in your circuit?
IN my circuit VBE 1.05 Volt gives 100 mA bias

Vbe=1.25V for 110mA per device. Renesis/ or Exicon laterals both did the same. You need to lower cdom to at least 100pF , The standard blameless, with Your choices of 0R- u7/3 and 220R - CM ..even 100pF would be appropriate. U7/3 would perform better and be more linear/stable with 33-68R degeneration resistors.

Run the amp at +/- 40v or above .. it's not a chip. :D
OS

Symmetric variant.
Very Goood!!!!!

Yes , they are. (simulation wise) The ONE amp I have never brought beyond a prototype is the "Leech amp". Unfortunately the good professor died before I could. :( I might make a thread to produce a commemorative 2011 edition w/ triple OP and all. :) Of course we will use 60 volt rails and hefty outputs (mjl21193/4) like the "classic". (Or even a lateral version 2X 2sk1058/2sj162)
OS

Attachments

• leech classic.gif
    leech classic.gif
    33.3 KB · Views: 302
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.