2SD555 + 2SB600 data help!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Hugh & Christer,
Correct you both are, I feel I am missing the other small bits of information. Also, there are many web pages I have found in German I can't read. I'll have to ask my daughter to translate for me.

I love the wealth of information on the web. Some of it just out of reach!;)

-Chris

Here's another one, worst investment i made in the late 1980s.
A lot of the data in it is untrue, i prefer datasheets.

Attachments

• necs.jpg
    necs.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 383
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Anyone using ECG or NTE subs deserve a smoking pile of used-to-be-amp. That's probably what is going to happen anyway using that trash.

In case anyone is searching, use real part numbers!! At least you'll know exactly what you have and what the characteristics are.

Most multi-output amplifiers should have matched pairs (triads, quads - whatever). You are not going to get this using re-marked transistors. Make no mistake, ECG or NTE buy parts, remove the original numbers and then apply their own mark. Many times you are actually getting different parts, even though the bag / box may have the same number on it. With all the counterfeit parts on the market, how would you ever find out if the NTE (or old ECG) supply chain has been compromised? I'm going to bet they were using counterfeit parts long before anyone else was infected. It's a perfect setup! Sell them fakes, they remove your fake stamp and apply their own (rougher) markings. Since ECG and NTE are selling re-marked parts to begin with, how is it possible to trace anything back??

It isn't.

What a setup.

-Chris

Last edited:
guilia67. (Yes, an old but interesting thread....)

No, not exactly. jacco's reference to the Japanese data indicates that the 2SD555 has an ft of 15MHZ. I don't know of any MJ150** series that comes close to this. Most I see are around 4MHZ.
I have repaired some old vintage receivers but tend to find semi ON units that are close or better with regards to voltage, current and the highest ft in that grouping. It's rarely the same. A "golden ear" may hear the difference.

Yes, I saw that datasheet.
But did you notice the ft rating? Only 4MHZ. Hence its not quite an equivalent device, when compared to the original 2SD555 with an ft of 15MHZ - perhaps close. This is a difficulty I have with trying to restore a receiver to its original "glory". A "purist" might say its not close enough. But it does function.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Interesting device. Notice how the gain drops over 10 amperes though, better used in pairs at least.

The big question for these parts is how tight the characteristics are between devices. That determines how many you might have to buy in order to have decent matches between transistors working together.

At Digikey right now, there is 0.25 between MJ21195 and 2ST2121. You might want to check out the second breakdown between the two parts. I'm not sure how they compare to be honest, just something to check.

-Chris

Just go to Google and type "2SD555 datasheet".

Voila - it's as easy as that and FREE.

There are several companies - AllDataSheet.com for one - that provide this information Free of Charge.

2SD555 pdf, 2SD555 description, 2SD555 datasheets, 2SD555 view ::: ALLDATASHEET :::
http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view/270658/SAVANTIC/2SB600.html

Come on guys. It isn't difficult.

And my first try at http://www.cricklewoodelectronics.co.uk/Cricklewood/search.php?mode=search&page=1

Gives both devices currently easilly available for £6.00GBP each. Cricklewood will happily export too.

Last edited:
Just go to Google and type "2SD555 datasheet".

Voila - it's as easy as that and FREE.

There are several companies - AllDataSheet.com for one - that provide this information Free of Charge.

2SD555 pdf, 2SD555 description, 2SD555 datasheets, 2SD555 view ::: ALLDATASHEET :::
2SB600 pdf, 2SB600 description, 2SB600 datasheets, 2SB600 view ::: ALLDATASHEET :::

Come on guys. It isn't difficult.

And my first try at Cricklewood Electronics - CCTV. CCTV Equipment. CCTV Systems. Digital CCTV Cameras

Gives both devices currently easilly available for £6.00GBP each. Cricklewood will happily export too.

Moderators - Can I suggest making this link STICKY as you get a lot of enquiries about datasheets. EVERY device that I have been asked about can be easilly found using this link.

Does anyone have data sheets on the 2SD555 and 2SB600 transistors, or did they even make them? I've searched high (and low) for info and came up with a blurb about the 555, but Icmax and Ft are not consistent. I think the posts get their info from other posts and errors perpetuate. Anyone got the real scoop?? Thanks!

2SD555 电 特 性 - 参 数

名称: 2SD555
材料: Si
结构: npn
最大耗散功率 (Pc): 200W
集电极 -- 基极击穿电压 (Ucb): 400V
集电极 -- 发射极击穿电压 (Uce): 200V
发射极 -- 基极击穿电压 (Ueb): 5V
最大集电极电流 (Ic max): 10A
最高结温 (Tj): 175°C
特征频率 (ft): 3MHz
集电极电容 (Cc), Pf: -
直流电流增益 (hFE), min/max: 40/200
制造商: NEC 案例: TO3
½ø¿Ú²ð»úÈÕ±¾NEC²ú 2SD555 2SC600 ·¢ÉÕÒôÏì¶Ô¹Ü-ÌÔ±¦Íø
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.