250 hcca grounded out problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
How's this?

Attachments

• 10x.jpg
    10x.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 54
There are two diodes between the windings you desoldered and the filter capacitors. Desolder the outside legs of those diodes and lift them. Apply heat from the top of the board.

Go back to the two large rectifiers with your meter set to diode check. Do you get ~0.35v one direction and a stead climbing reading with the probe reversed?

My bad, my meter dose not show units on diode check.

So I placed the neg. probe on the neg. power terminal and the pos. probe on the pin 3.

Results.....

Power side = all 0.6-0.9 ohms

Output side = all of the right half top and bottom = -0.7 ohms
= all of the left half top and bottom = 1.4 ohms

Thanks,

Sean

What do you mean by "Output side = all of the right half top and bottom"?

Just to make sure we're on the same page...

When you say pin 3 of the audio output transistors, do you mean the legs indicated by the black arrows?

Is the point indicated by the orange arrow the chassis ground terminal you're using?

Attachments

• 1x.jpg
    1x.jpg
    452.5 KB · Views: 51
Perry,

I have attached a picture to explain what I mean about top and bottom, power side and output side. Hope this clears some things up.

Yes my meter reads ohms w/ a "M"

I measured again and findings are a little different.....

Botom output side all = ~1 ohm, but the last one = -0.67 ohms

Top output side all = ~ 0.7 - 0.9 ohms, but the last 2 = 4.4 ohms and -1.6 ohms

Yes the neg. probe is in the right spot (organge on your attachment) and I am probing pin 3.

Thanks again,

Sean

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 44
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.