200W MOSFET CFA amp

I'm fine with that Damir, if you can do it you can order 5 200watt CFA boards and then I'll take all 10 balanced boards along with 10 updated version 1.4 regulator boards and 5 200watt CFA boards.

Building the ultimate surround system. I would like a 12v trigger as well as SSR speaker protection if possible. Again not sure what you are willing to offer but if you are willing to offer all this I'll take it.

I'm fine with that Damir, if you can do it you can order 5 200watt CFA boards and then I'll take all 10 balanced boards along with 10 updated version 1.4 regulator boards and 5 200watt CFA boards.

Building the ultimate surround system. I would like a 12v trigger as well as SSR speaker protection if possible. Again not sure what you are willing to offer but if you are willing to offer all this I'll take it.
"Building the ultimate surround system" it's very interesting.
It was quite time ago and I have to check all that what said. I don't remember 1.4 regulator board, could you point more precisely?
I am interested to do all what you mentioned but I need time to recheck all that.
BR Damir

Few questions looking at the balanced board version 1.2 BOM ... the board looks different then the the one in your build instructions, posted in this thread which I take it is the original version. You have In and out on this board as well as S3 terminal block? Want to make sure I understand the connections to the main board clearly.

Also U1, M1, M2 are not specified in the BOM do these need to be populated ?

I take it C3 and C4 are 1uF ceramic caps ?

Confirm S1 and S2 are Red LEDs.

C7 is also missing from the BOM version 1.2.

Attachments

• balanced in add BOM 1.2.txt
    647 bytes · Views: 88
First U1, M1 and M2 are parts of the main board and you need them.
C3 and C4 are 1uF polypropylene, sorry it is not stated in the BOM.
If you meen D1 and D4 those are red LEDs, there are no S1 and S2 in any BOM.
C7 does not exist on balanced in board.

Last edited:
Here the photo shows how an assembled balanced 200W CFA board looks.

Attachments

• 200W CFA photo4.jpg
    200W CFA photo4.jpg
    460.4 KB · Views: 243
Reactions: 1 user
Thanks Damir I will ignore those parts on the regulator as you suggest.

Another question on the regulator ...

R32 and R33 would seem too short at 15mm pitch for lead spacing to accommodate a 4.7K 5W wirewound resistor ... would need guidance on this part.

I was able to find a vishay wirewound that is slightly too big at 18mm that I could make work. Is there a specific resistor you had in mind for R32 / R33?

My last question on the voltage reg would be R9 and R109 you list .15R but do you mean a total of 10W in parallel meaning two 5 watt rated resistors or two 10W rated resistors ?

R32 and R33 are not critical, each one dissipate around 1W and there here to discharge the power supplay big caps in case of failer when the PS regulator was triggered off. In this case you need to switch the power off and wait that PS regulator resets.
You can go wthout those resistor and in this case the reset time is going to be longer. You can use here 2W or 3W resistor that is good enough.

Yes you need two 0.15R 10W resistors in parallel for R9 and R10, in total 0.075R 20W. That is where overcurrent protection sensed.

Attachments

• 200W CFA balanced_pcb-boards.jpg
    200W CFA balanced_pcb-boards.jpg
    676.8 KB · Views: 183
Last edited: