• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

2007 Maxon Motor Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Group Buy, PCB, Parts and Motor

Algar_emi.

Thanks for pulling this together and for kiliwattsski for pointing out where to post to get into this group buy.

I would like to add my name to the list for...

One(1) Maxon Motor.

Controller/Charger PCB Boards, the MK version, or your updated version with switching for 33 1/3 and 45 rpm.

PCB Parts Kit.

Address:
Sean Henderson
1032 Misty Court
Harrisonburg, VA 22801

Again...Thanks for all your effort doing this group buy!

Can you be more specific Vinyl-Addict? I double checked the motor mounting pattern according to the Maxon motor datasheet. I cannot see the error, I'm probably missing something. The mounting pattern is 6 holes, 60 deg apart, following a 17mm circle. The mounting bolts are metric M2, that has 2mm diameter, so the 2.5mm screw hole seems ok too. See the included image.

Attachments

• plate vs motor mounting.jpg
    plate vs motor mounting.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 573
Last Update:

Algar_emi 1 motor
Kilowattski 1 motor + PCB (SB or MK?) + Custom Plate +~Pulley
Kraljmatjaz 1 motor + PCB (MK)
Peter Daniel 1 motor + PCB (MK) + ~pulley
Finneybear 1 motor + PCB (MK) + Custom plate + Pod +~Pulley
SvErD 1 Motor + PCB (SB) + ~pulley
Aengus PCB (SB) + Pod + Custom Plate
Sklimek Pod + Custom Plate
Michi124 pod + plate (~black) + ~pulley
Toaster 2 motors + 2 PCB(MK) 1 pod + 1 plate + ~2 pulley
ckniker 1 Motor + PCB + 1 pod + 1 plate + 1 pulley
SRMcGee 1 Motor + PCB + 1 pod + 1 plate + 1 pulley
markgall PCB (SB) + 1 pod + 1 plate
Bas Horneman 1 plate
patriz 2 motors + 2 plates + ~2 pulleys
GeWa 2 motors + 2 PCB
Sean Henderson 1 Motor + PCB

Total:
15 motors + 13 PCB
8 pods
12 Custom Plates
10 pulleys

Sean Henderson, I'm missing your email, please send it to me. Please take note that there is no plan to supply the PCB parts at this moment. Supplying these parts is a lot of work for such a big group, to count all these small parts, making sure nothing is missing is a lot of work. I know, I did it in the past. You will need to buy your own. At best, we may order some specific parts that need a minimum order, but it is not the case with this circuit. I was able to source all parts easily.

Thanks...

Update, just correcting a little mistake, sorry Cedus:

Algar_emi 1 motor
Kilowattski 1 motor + PCB + Plate + Pulley
Kraljmatjaz 1 motor + PCB + pulley
Peter Daniel 1 motor + PCB + pulley
Finneybear 1 motor + PCB + plate + Pod + Pulley
SvErD 1 Motor + PCB + pulley
Aengus PCB + Pod + Plate
Sklimek Pod + Plate
Michi124 pod + plate (~black) + pulley
Toaster 2 motors + 2 PCB + 1 pod + 1 plate + 2 pulley
markgall PCB + 1 pod + 1 plate
Bas Horneman 1 plate
patriz 2 motors + 2 plates + 2 pulleys
GeWa 2 motors + 2 PCB
cedus PCB + pulley
Ed LaFontaine 1 motor + PCB + pulley (Possibly...)

Total:
17 motors + 16 PCB
8 pods
12 Custom Plates
14 pulleys

Algar_emi said:
Can you be more specific Vinyl-Addict? I double checked the motor mounting pattern according to the Maxon motor datasheet. I cannot see the error, I'm probably missing something. The mounting pattern is 6 holes, 60 deg apart, following a 17mm circle. The mounting bolts are metric M2, that has 2mm diameter, so the 2.5mm screw hole seems ok too. See the included image.

You got it. 17mm bolt circle. Your original sketch was hard to make out. Good luck.

Thanks. I sent the motor dxf file to the machine shop, telling them to match the motor monting pattern with the plate. My final plan is to send one motor and one pod to the shop to be sure there is no mistake. Thanks for your comment.

Guys, we are getting close the 20 motors. I will probably close the group buy then. Let's see if we can get there.

Order placed, very happy

Hi All,
Im really pleased this group buy is happening, thanks to Algar_emi.
I have placed my order for PCB + Custom plate + Pod +~Pulley.
Also a plea for the PCB parts to be added to the group buy. I have had great difficulty sourcing all the components here in the uk. Lots were special order making them very expensive. Also finding the correct make of capacitors and resistors made quality a concern for me.
So please, please, please can we do the PCB parts as

Many thanks
Ian

Hi webby. You're in. I guest you have the motor, right?

For the PCB parts I cannot garanty anything yet. As I said it is a lot of work and I was not really interested to get into all this work. It is already a lot of work to manage this group buy. I already have the controller and pod. That is not including the design of the new PCB and to get it done in a fab, etc... I'm not making anything out of it except to get a good price on the motor. I doing it to do my part for the group as other did it in the past. Usually what is good about a group buy, is when you manage it you can usually get some parts or PCB for you trouble, but not this time so far. Not including some others members are working very hard to get you great price on some items as the plate and the pulley. We all doing it also for fun.

If there is enough interest, I may proposed a parts kit, BUT in this case I will certainly charge some money for all the work that it imply. It won't be too much, maybe 25$ extra per kit. I estimate at least 2-3 hours of work per kit, to order, class everything, packed and ship.

If you really need it, I may let myself into it. Or maybe some other member can agree to do it.

Thanks again.

SB

Update:

Algar_emi 1 motor
Aengus PCB + Pod + Plate
Sklimek Pod + Plate
Bas Horneman 1 plate
GeWa 2 motors + 2 PCB
cedus PCB + pulley
webby PCB + 1 pod+ 1 plate + pulley

Total:
17 motors + 17 PCB
9 pods
13 Custom Plates
15 pulleys

algar_emi said:

Usually what is good about a group buy, is when you manage it you can usually get some parts or PCB for you trouble, but not this time so far.

Hi algar

I would really expect you to add enough to get something for your trouble - a motor, a pod and plate, or...? I shouldn't have thought anyone would have an issue with that - but let's hear from some others.

Regards.

Aengus

Hi Angus. As I said to other users, we may simply order the parts that are difficult to source for the PCB. Most parts are just resistors and capacitors and should'nt be to hard to get. It is the same thing for user with limited electronic background. I can always mount the PCB for them for a little fee. We can discuss details offline by email. I did it in the past. I would really like to have everyone of you guys to be happy with the project and to don't get stuck with an incomplete project. Don't worry we will find a way.

As I said, I'm doing all this mainly for fun and to help other guys. It is always great to use group buy to get kits at good price. I used it in the past numerous time. Now, it's my time ;) One thing great also about this forum, is contact that we devellop over the years with other members. There is always someone, somewhere to help us in our project. I never know, I want to build myself a Schroeder tonearm next. I may need help for it. Maybe someone can do it.

I'm always open to trade with other user. If someone else can help with my tonearm, I can even send him a complet PCB, assembled and fully tested. I'll take care of everthing for him in exchange for some tonearm parts. The important thing is to have fun since all this business is a hobby for me, not a job :angel:

Bye...

SB

Here is a link to Mark Kelly's BOM or parts list -
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=902115#post902115
Algar will probably post his when done or it will mirror this one. Some of the parts like the L200C and the REF02 may be difficult to source out depending where you live, if you email me I'll send it to you. I would prefere not to do a 'parts kit' but please let me know if there is a specific regulator or IC that you are having trouble with.

Stan

Here my current Parts List. It is from the version 1.0 of my PCB.

Mark is using resistor Metal Film Dale RN55. I'm using more usual Yageo MF 1% resistor from Digikey. His also using extensively Wima MKP and Rubycon ZL capacitors. I'm using more standard Panasonic FC and Wima MKP cap easily available from Digikey and Mouser. Part of my job when I designed my PCB was to adapt it to easy to get parts.

The Dale RN55 are available from Mouser, but a lot of value are not stock and take a long time to get. This is why I try to use easier to get resistors. RN55C resistors are low noise and have +/25ppm/C temp coefficient and are 1/10W. They sell for $0.27 ea from Mouser (100 QTY).

The Yageo MFR-25 1% resistor are 0.25W, have the same +/25ppm/C temp coefficient. They sell for 0.04 for 200. Not bad...

The REF02 and L200C are available from Digikey, even if the last one is not stock at the moment.

For the BD/BC transistors, they are available easily from Newark.

We can certainly arrange something. Don't worry...

Attachments

• motor speed controller_parts list_ver 1.0.zip
    9.2 KB · Views: 107
Update:

Algar_emi 1 motor
Aengus PCB + Pod + Plate
Sklimek Pod + Plate
Bas Horneman 1 plate
GeWa 2 motors + 2 PCB
cedus PCB + pulley
Walter Burkhard 2 PCB
webby PCB + 1 pod+ 1 plate + pulley

Total:
17 motors + 19 PCB
9 pods
13 Custom Plates
15 pulleys

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.