18 inch bassreflex design 18XL2000

To give a quick update:
No new measurements extra as of yet due to not having a working RS485 adapter...

However, did finish up the cabs with amp modules:
5XjKSCEl.jpg
BYBBuGLl.jpg

Each sub (4 in total) have to extra channels which can power some tops. Being it Sub+Top, Sub+Sub+top or a 2.1 setup, no problem.
Sound is good, go low and still sound tight and behaved.
Wicked!!! What plate amps are those ? Sanway? 86sound?

Same thing if bass extension is taken into account. In a small box, a waveguide is not able to couple the air to the speaker at low frequencies, so it is inefficient.

Of course one can generalize too much, and I am already talking about niche approach. But it works. But in the volume of some smaller THAM/Cubo and other designs, you can already high excursion 18"-21" mofo speakers, and that's no match below ~45Hz.

And the 900 bux driver!!
Well it does not cost 900 dollars around here ;). Aroudn 525 dollars if you buy 4.
Wicked!!! What plate amps are those ? Sanway? 86sound?
Its from OMB audio, you can find them on alibaba, aliexpress etc.

I made the grills with help from a friend he has a (if I translated it correctly) a manual press brake (kantbank/zetbank in Dutch). Its just a perforated sheet of 1.5mm thich with 90 degree sides.

Reactions: 1 user
Hope OMB adapter works, sound like bad ports on the plate amps, but it is kind of strange that all of them do not work.
Sometimes a batch got defective.

Also, do you plan to do some freq response tests when you adjust the DSP? So to compare HR sims vs real life.

Keep us updated, I am eager to find out what will be your final DSP settings.

I have already tried two converters (rj45 to usb). Both did not work, but now have the one from omb themselves. So will test that when i have the time.
Is it a converter to amp module deal or knock-off chipsets and the computer just not liking it?
Many will act as if Plug-N-Play works, but they never do without some hacked up driver that comes on a Tiny CD.