1541 DAC PCB, help me find one

It doesn't look like the board is configured for simultaneous based on where its connecting to the chip. I'm going to see what is being used for that board.
I am just building the same dual balanced TDA1541A board from @batteryman, and there is a jumper on it for selecting simultaneous mode.
BTW I have this USB/I2S board and I2S splitter that I plan to use. Bur I never tried the I2S splitter, I am not even sure if it outputs offset binary. The marking is www.cdream5.com on it. Has anybody tried it?

Attachments

• 20240409_180516.jpg
    20240409_180516.jpg
    318.3 KB · Views: 39
  • 20240409_180457.jpg
    20240409_180457.jpg
    423 KB · Views: 37
Reactions: 1 user
I am just building the same dual balanced TDA1541A board from @batteryman, and there is a jumper on it for selecting simultaneous mode.
BTW I have this USB/I2S board and I2S splitter that I plan to use. Bur I never tried the I2S splitter, I am not even sure if it outputs offset binary. The marking is www.cdream5.com on it. Has anybody tried it?
The jumper only works on one dac. You need to link pin 27 to -5v on the other.

I dont known if anyone has heard any difference , point is they do not work as intended , unless someone show us measurements that tells otherwise :)

but we haven't either seen any measurements of many option brought here :rolleyes:

what we do know is the John's glue logic when perfectly implemented , measure very well and sound great (y)

Reactions: 1 user
I dont known if anyone has heard any difference , point is they do not work as intended , unless someone show us measurements that tells otherwise :)

but we haven't either seen any measurements of many option brought here :rolleyes:

what we do know is the John's glue logic when perfectly implemented , measure very well and sound great (y)

I'm guessing that glue logic board is not available for sale and only used in that flagship DAC

@fabrice63 it doesn't matter provided your ears are happy.
I know my old ones couldn't tell the difference.

Yes, many diy products are never measured which does puzzle me given how good REW and a low cost audio interface is.

I may not be able to ear a difference too , but I knwo how the brain is able to fool itself with subjective matter like audio , so I like to be sure that everything is in the ballpark in the first place ;)

Have a read there https://www.mvaudiolabs.com/digital/tda1541a-reference-dac/, the I2SoverUSB does not work properly in simultaneous mode , as the Ian canada board too it is an 15 bit board , it has been discussed somewhere here on the forum

The only reliable way to go I2S to simultaneous is the John's glue logic ;)

Why do you think that the only way is Johns glue logic? I created free CPLD for all and also glue logic for TDA1541A and also CPLD for TDA1540, you can find everything in my threads. All is tested and checked with data analyser. CPLD is best way for TDA1541A and it can be easily modified to balanced.

Reactions: 1 users
Why do you think that the only way is Johns glue logic? I created free CPLD for all and also glue logic for TDA1541A and also CPLD for TDA1540, you can find everything in my threads. All is tested and checked with data analyser. CPLD is best way for TDA1541A and it can be easily modified to balanced.

Well , never seen any measurements of any kind ( data , FFT , oscillograms , etc .. ) of your stuff , so let's published them :cool:

Posted plenty over the years - my mods to commercial tube preamps and amps, SS amps etc but the thing is, I never make claims such "The Ultimate...".

I'll see if I can find my 1541DAC screenshots and will be posting some of Chiurtu's R2R balanced dac with tube buffers and transformer output/balanced to SE when it's up and running.