1541 DAC PCB, help me find one

Well , never seen any measurements of any kind ( data , FFT , oscillograms , etc .. ) of your stuff , so let's published them :cool:

These data measurements from the CPLD were not documented. None of this was meant as final and in case of modifying the code a misunderstanding with old pictures can appear. You can expect complex measurements only from commercial projects for which documentation with measurements is created and the work is paid, but certainly not from DIY (like you wrote - it is still an hard job) :ROFLMAO: I can guarantee the functionality of the CPLD because I use it every day. I plan to modify the code with initial initialization after switching on, as these TDA154x chips need to be initialized so that their output is reset (they are not initialized internally). Maybe then I'll add a few measurements, because connecting and preparing the whole setup for measurement also takes some time ;)

Reactions: 1 users
IHi Miro, I have already successfully used CPLD solution to convert i2s to pcm SIMULTANEOUS MODE but now i need also to know if with a modification to the CPLD code is possible to also bring out SPDIF OUT.
I would like to use my Philips cd 960 in PCM format eliminating SAA7220 but keeping SPDIF OUT.
Thanks
Antonio

@tonimxp Only with creating code for that, but I did not created it yet :)
Why not use SPDIF to I2S or USB to I2S also for CD960? TDA1541 in Philips cd 960 is configured in I2S mode (not simultaneous mode), so you need to configure it for Simultaneous input - it has better sound. Then connect my CPLD and you have nice raw sound without filters 😎

Yes i know that i need also to configure tda1541 in simultaneus mode on board of Philips CD 960, but It Is not a problem for me . I only need that cpld pull out SPDIF out for my external DAC. Now i'm working for a plug and play Pdip 24 solution for a directly replace of saa7220 ic filter. I will shere on DIY comunity when it Will be tested.

Reactions: 1 users
@miro1360 please see picture
I just need to perfect a few other little things.
The bulk of the work is done!
Do you think it's time to open a specific thread?
Now let's wait for the code to be modified and after testing it I'll publish the gerber files.
If you want I can send them to you by PM. preview.
;)

Attachments

• I2S to PCM Converter Board EPM240T100C5N.jpg
    I2S to PCM Converter Board EPM240T100C5N.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 25