1541 / 1543 wake up !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You may have noticed the till teorema: the more THD the more audiophile. Using a chip like that will prevend me from spending hundreds of hours searching for a little more of 7th harmonic by swapping resistors, expensive electrolytics, or adding ferrite or maybe even real pearls in the digital grounding....

till said:
You may have noticed the till teorema: the more THD the more audiophile. Using a chip like that will prevend me from spending hundreds of hours searching for a little more of 7th harmonic by swapping resistors, expensive electrolytics, or adding ferrite or maybe even real pearls in the digital grounding....

I've got an easier solution: just stop DIY and duy commercial stuff :D

I've got an easier solution: just stop DIY and duy commercial stuff

I never did and will no do. I have a problem concerning what we call "Produktästhetik" with commercial elektronics. The only products of the consumer range of electronic/electric devices i buy are tools : Hilti, Fein, Flex/porter cable... and of corse computer parts if absolutely necessary.

btw: i would suspect the specs of commercial gear are very good. Same as compare gainclone THD to aleph THD...

jean-paul said:
Stamp them B1 ;)

This joke is real stupid.
-51 and -56 are average values for harmonics in non os mode with 1kHz -60dB signal.
Nothing bad.
Bad is -47, good is -64.

Bricolo said:
Why only B1? ;)

This chip must be

M
a
d
e

i
n

F
r
a
n
c
e

!

:D

Attachments

• b3.jpg
    b3.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 232
Back to serious for those who are interested

Todays work so far:

Tested 5 chips like a, b, c, d, e, f (only one channel).
Then tested 6 combinations of two chips parallel, like a&b, c&f, b&d ...

Distortion is random, everything is possible.
The result of throwing two chips together is unpredictable.

If the two chips have values -50 & -54, the result could be:

-48, -50, -52, -54, or -56, but mostly it will be in the middle like -52.

In my test it was better than each single chip 9x, like the better chip 2x, in the middle 17x, like the inferior chip 3x, worse than each single chip 5x.

With lots of chips, good combinations can be found.

Bricolo said:
But why do you test them with a -60dB signal? Wouldn't full scale, or at least half scale, be more appropriate?

The analyzer can only see down to it's noise floor of -75dB.
With full scale signal it will not see much, because THD of the TDA is very low, like -90.

With the -60dB signal THD of the TDA goes up, to -40.
So it gets visible for the analyzer.

Philips used -60dB signal for selection too.

Bricolo said:
But why do you test them with a -60dB signal? Wouldn't full scale, or at least half scale, be more appropriate?

For the chip, it wasn't written made in taiwan but only taiwan, do france would also be enough ;)

Not much harmonics to see with a 0dB signal. Just some garbage.

Bricolo said:
That's what I was fearing :(

That's what is called amplitude modulation :dead:

Attachments

• cursor2k.jpg
    cursor2k.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 197
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.