1541 / 1543 wake up !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

How can you know the date of production of a 1541?

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 445
stefanobilliani said:

For now the answer is yes , and I do not use the buffer (source follower) either .
Pratically it is one fet, 4 resistors , 1 trimmer ,3 caps par channel .Very simple.
In the future I will implement a balanced version and 2 TDA1541A.

I would be interested for this version. I have a such a DAC waiting for an outputstage.

Any plans for making more than one pcb ? :D

Greetings,

jean-paul said:

Correct of course, it was late when I posted. 1988 anyhow. Yes Till, Reichelt and all others sell chips that were produced 16 years ago ( + or - some years ).

TDA1541A is like Telefunken E88CC. A lot of variations and production dates ;)

Do you know when the production started/stopped?

My datasheet for the TDA1541A is from 1991 (1985 for the non A), but I don't think that it's the beginning

jean-paul said:

Original A-S1's are selected A ones Berhhard.

Really ???

jean-paul said:
If the S1 ( that simply can't be fake ) from the 880 is the best or one of the better ones you can draw a ( premature ) conclusion. Just as premature as some of the conclusions already drawn ( not excluding my conclusions )

Ok.
The A S1 from 880 has best values. Lowest... But K2 and K3 are too low for my taste.
And S1 from another player has worst values of all S1 I have.

So there are no conclusions at all.

Why S1 from players do not have crown but sticker ?

jean-paul said:
If you aren't ready to accept that you have to learn. Equal *looking* signals can sound different if you like it or not.
Although I don't take off sleeves of caps I once heard a demonstration of that and heard the difference.

IMHO you still have to learn a lot.

Every DAC chip sounds different and measures different.

Philips did not select for good distribution of harmonics, just for good THD. See data sheet.
That means, S1 just means average of harmonics is good.

Left and right channel of a DAC may look equal on a distortion analyzer, but not on a spectrum analyzer. Same for amps.

If you have a distortion analyzer like HP334, what it tells you is useless.

Amplifiers with same THD values may sound very different. Again because those THD values tell nothing about low or high or even or odd order harmonics.
This should be easy to understand. But some people say it's black magic. Or even worse they say measurements are useless.
But it is just a matter of measure the right thing and interpretation.

There is a reason and an explanation for everything, and no such thing like Voodoo.

Did you ever use a spectrum analyzer ?

guido said:
I would be interested for this version. I have a such a DAC waiting for an outputstage.
Any plans for making more than one pcb ? :D
Greetings,
It would be nice work togheter for it .Next days I will post my arrangements .
Bricolo said:
I think he built this:
It lacks the output capacitor , but the circuit is the right one . Also with irfp044.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
The A S1 from 880 has best values. Lowest... But K2 and K3 are too low for my taste.

Ok, that was expected but I thought taste was not objective. Nuff said.

So there are no conclusions at all.

It seems this thread serves no purpose then.

Every DAC chip sounds different and measures different. Philips did not select for good distribution of harmonics, just for good THD. See data sheet. That means, S1 just means average of harmonics is good.

We are not going to debate things we both agree on do we ?

IMHO you still have to learn a lot.

I really do ( honestly ) but please excuse me, I want to listen to music now and I don't want to disturb your valuable hours in front of your analyzer. I'll be happy to learn from the informative threads you open once in while.

I think I am not the only one that has to read and learn some more ( don't we all ? ) :

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31817

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31388&highlight=

Today I tested 2 1541 parallel in a CD650 non os.

Distortion seems to middle.

-51 & -56 = -53.

No idea yet if it is reduced if distortions of each single chip have the same value.

By accident I found a way to make distortion fall constantly with higher order and more or less cancel even orders, but overall distortion is higher.
Sounds not bad.

Something for distortion lovers :devilr:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.