11th Annual Vancouver Island diyFEST 2014

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well my friends:
We seem to be straying down an obscure and worrisome path. I think the reversible trailer hitch option that Chris has provided might be quite useful. It does look rather familiar and useful look about it.
I can help my brother out if things get a little crooked on the long and winding road up the drive. I cannot say I am expert in coming in the back way but I have experimented with it and things seemed to work out quite well for all involved. You have to be careful and go slow, cause if you go too fast you could end up hurting someone. I think you should give it a try and if it is not working out for you I can jump in and finish things off.

I have to agree with Don. If you get yourself all tied up I am sure there will be enough people to watch and cheer you on or we can bring it in by hand.

Dave: I am going to be bringing my little trailer is the spot I used last year still available?

See you then

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I cannot say I am expert in coming in the back way

The back roadhas been completely reworked in the last month.And Rowntree Rd got a major redo as well

Dave: I am going to be bringing my little trailer is the spot I used last year still available?

Depends on Daniel. He currently has 2 Volvos there. If they are still there we'll pop you up the front (which has also been heavily reworked.

dave

Scott, I must say, I'm shocked at your pruriency - or perhaps disappointed that I didn't go there first. I've seen the pathway in question, and while even after some initial traffic it'll still likely be a bumpy ride, it should be easier going for all suitably equipped.

My dear trailer park boys, I really must take more time to explain the situation. You see, the trailering is not the obstacle here. I admit I had forgotten that the driveway continues up and around so if I come up the regular way and then put it in 4WD when I leave, no problem. There's just no way I wanted to attempt backing up the driveway with a short hitch and an old clutch. Dave if you figure that's workable then I will go back to getting good night sleeps.

If I have to, I can come up the regular way and when it's time to go, go out the rough route, turn around and come back the rough route and then load the trailer. That way I won't be bouncing stuff around so much. Dave, Chris and I have a vested interest in a pair of Onken style speakers, n'cest pas?

If your trailer is really tiny, there'll be enough bodies to push it, maybe ?
Oh, easily Don. It's a 4x8. We could probably pick it up and turn it around. It's going to double as my tent this year. :)

Attachments

• Screen shot 2014-07-19 at 3.56.37 PM.png
    Screen shot 2014-07-19 at 3.56.37 PM.png
    821.8 KB · Views: 148
Wow my brotha:
It looks like the love shack got a major up grade. You will have room to install bunk beds in that baby.
Maybe we should just hang out in the love shack with those really big speakers and enjoy the liver quaking feel of deeeeeeep bass.

Thanks Dave:
I am sure we can find a nice spot for my little snuggly buggly. I do like that spot on the other side though.
I will try and make it down on the Friday so I can help with the set up.

Any word on Jess

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.