100W Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier

Finally figured out the problem...one of the resistors was miss valued by quite a bit.

I fixed the resistor and took the amp for a spin. Running about 65 mV across 0.22 ohm emitter resistors and the large sinks barely get warm.

I am really going to enjoy this amp...good treble...commanding bass and the amp is very quiet. I still need to clean up a little wiring and post a pic.

The amp boards and psu board are all homemade etch via toner transfer method.

Thank you Apex!

Here is a pic...The speaker protects are not hooked up yet but it did not thump at all upon startup or shutdown.

Attachments

• 20130118_065824.jpg
    20130118_065824.jpg
    706.6 KB · Views: 2,153
Here is a pic...The speaker protects are not hooked up yet but it did not thump at all upon startup or shutdown.

Nice work, and nice picture. I suggest to revert positions of transformer and PSU and you have short wires instead long from AC input to the transformer and from transformer to PSU. Bias transistor (BD139) must be connect on heatsink with outputs.
Regards

Last edited:
mr apex.., good advising! i am going to use my stock mj15015s and '016s in Nazirdigi's 4 pairs ax20. as i read the MJ's pdf online i knew its less powerful than what they are using here as powers. i am planning to maximize as possible the supply voltage to its safe extent. what can you advise? thank u vry mch sir.

Hi miles, I assembled AX-20 amp I have attached layout. Problem with this layout is, there is no connection between Q9 - Q18 and Q8 - Q17. I easily fixed by using MJE340-50 lead as jumper at copper side. My problem is I am not able to adjust bias, amp is playing music every thing seems right.

Attachments

• AX-20.LAY]a.pdf
    63.8 KB · Views: 812
Last edited:
I connected amp in series with 10Ω resistance, when nothing seems to burn I put fuse and tried to adjust bias but was not able to, even winding trim-pot to full. Amp was playing music but with crossover distortion at low volume.

Attachments

• DSC_0070.JPG
    DSC_0070.JPG
    551.7 KB · Views: 1,864
  • DSC_0073.JPG
    DSC_0073.JPG
    535.6 KB · Views: 1,685