100W Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier

pay attention

hello sir I made AX-14 amp
Is I should connect 0.1uf capacitor from power supply ground to input ground

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

No need for any capacitors.

Almost all apex amplifiers are to be connected as on next picture:

(the SGND (signal ground) from pcb goes to input conector and from input conector it goes to power GND . that is how it goes for both(all) chanels in amplifier chases,each for it self. this is a scheme for AX12 but the same principle is used in (almost) all other APEX amplifier wireing)

Attachments

• APEX 100W4R HI-FI.jpg
    APEX 100W4R HI-FI.jpg
    304.7 KB · Views: 1,786
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Nazir,
follow the circuit schematic. It tells you the voltage at the base of the -IN transistor.

Look at the emitter of the +IN transistor.
Follow the DC current route through to Signal Ground (SG).

From this route all the current flows in the same direction from emitter to SG.
The emitter and every component MUST be +ve with respect to SG.

Now look at the base of the +IN and compare it to the base of -IN.
Thye voltages at these two bases should be IDENTICAL if the two transistors are IDENTICAL.

The base of +IN MUST be +ve with respect to SG.
Learn to read the schematic !!!!!!! READ !!!!!

Or C6 is incorrect. But I think we have discussed this many times in the past and because there is very little voltage across C6 it doesn't really matter. I would like to see it corrected so it can become an accurate reference for future builders.

Andrew, I think Nazir may be able to read schematics that is why he is asking for it to be checked. :D

No need for any capacitors.

Almost all apex amplifiers are to be connected as on next picture:

(the SGND (signal ground) from pcb goes to input conector and from input conector it goes to power GND . that is how it goes for both(all) chanels in amplifier chases,each for it self. this is a scheme for AX12 but the same principle is used in (almost) all other APEX amplifier wireing)

thank you sir can u suggest any bass treble board for ax-14

Hi Mr Mile,
Since I found this thread, I never understood why the AX17 style never got its own thread.

I'm currently using your SR200 as my home amplifier, and Im so happy with it.
Using these as speakers, with active sub.
Boston Acoustics A26 review from the experts at whathifi.com

But I still like to build and learn more :)

So I've build my own design Lin type and I continue to tinker with it, But the SR200 has more clarity in very highs and more balanced sound.

I've always liked Yamaha amplifiers and was going to reverse one, but thought why? when you already shared the magic AX14.

So Im going to build the AX14 with your original PCB posted, so I can compare the 'sound' of that type of design.

But the AX17 is different,
Can you please tell me, how You experience the difference in sound between AX14 and AX17.

Thanks

Attachments

• AX14.jpg
    AX14.jpg
    349.1 KB · Views: 2,179
  • AX17.jpg
    AX17.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 2,066
Hi Mr Mile,
Since I found this thread, I never understood why the AX17 style never got its own thread.

I'm currently using your SR200 as my home amplifier, and Im so happy with it.
Using these as speakers, with active sub.
Boston Acoustics A26 review from the experts at whathifi.com

But I still like to build and learn more :)

So I've build my own design Lin type and I continue to tinker with it, But the SR200 has more clarity in very highs and more balanced sound.

I've always liked Yamaha amplifiers and was going to reverse one, but thought why? when you already shared the magic AX14.

So Im going to build the AX14 with your original PCB posted, so I can compare the 'sound' of that type of design.

But the AX17 is different,
Can you please tell me, how You experience the difference in sound between AX14 and AX17.

Thanks

This thread is about 100W hi-fi amplifier and I will share another topology soon, it's will be completly different but it still be 100W without DC servo.
I start too many threads already and I don't want new for any new circuit.
Regards

APEX Protect using NE555

Mr. Mile,

This Protect works perfect for my needs, pcb is very small, compact and very useful.

Thank you very much for sharing...

Regards,
Wiljj78

Attachments

• DSC_0400.jpg
    DSC_0400.jpg
    746.1 KB · Views: 2,001
  • APEX Stereo Speaker Protect_0000.jpg
    APEX Stereo Speaker Protect_0000.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 1,814
Last edited: