100W Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier

2sb1560/2sd2390

Hi Apexjr, Nice work ! what mods are needed to use the 2SB1560/2SD2390 combo ? I have about a dozen of each ect... Also do you plan to sell pcb's ? Please PM me with the needed details for constructing your design ! Look's really great ! Awesome job ! Thanks for sharing it !

Hi Apexjr, Nice work ! what mods are needed to use the 2SB1560/2SD2390 combo ? I have about a dozen of each ect... Also do you plan to sell pcb's ? Please PM me with the needed details for constructing your design ! Look's really great ! Awesome job ! Thanks for sharing it !
You can use A100 pcb with 2SB1560/2SD2390 without mods or you can drop drivers and shorted emiter to colector on AX14 pcb. If I made pcb for sale there will be heatsink, PSU and protect on same board with amp,
Regards

Last edited:
Looking at the 150W MOSFET Amplifier with IRFP250x2 is post 34 the one you speak of ? And is it correct to assume one should construct there own pcb's ? Also when using the 2SB1560/2SD2390 combo do I install them in the Q11-Q12, and Q13-Q14 positions ? Please accept my apology for the name mix-up Mr Mile Slavkovic ! Again thank-you for any or all help provided !

Last edited:
Last edited:
Looking at the 150W MOSFET Amplifier with IRFP250x2 is post 34 the one you speak of ? And is it correct to assume one should construct there own pcb's ? Also when using the 2SB1560/2SD2390 combo do I install them in the Q11-Q12, and Q13-Q14 positions ? Please accept my apology for the name mix-up Mr Mile Slavkovic ! Again thank-you for any or all help provided !
Use 2SB1560 instead BDW84D, and 2SD2390 instead BDW83D,
Regards

apex,
the speaker is load at the side and with 8'' long port 2'' (o.d.) at the back
sorry for darker images

Attachments

• DSC04026.JPG
    DSC04026.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 5,343
  • DSC04027.JPG
    DSC04027.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 5,090
  • DSC04028.JPG
    DSC04028.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 4,974
Last edited:
Hi apex,i finalised my psu and i tested it with my 24-0-24 ,200VA transformer.the speakers are connected after about 6 seconds,the dc protection works great. But i think that clipping leds turn on a bit early .should the resistors at clipping circuit be changed to suit better the voltage of my transformer? Its +-36.9volt dc with no load.

Hi apex,i finalised my psu and i tested it with my 24-0-24 ,200VA transformer.the speakers are connected after about 6 seconds,the dc protection works great. But i think that clipping leds turn on a bit early .should the resistors at clipping circuit be changed to suit better the voltage of my transformer? Its +-36.9volt dc with no load.
With resistors value (schematic in post #107) clip light on when output voltage is abot 6V lower than rail voltage, you can increase resistor 2k2, but with to high value led never light on.
Regards

apex,
the speaker is load at the side and with 8'' long port 2'' (o.d.) at the back
sorry for darker images
You can compare sound of two different amps on your speakers, but you must get better speakers for listening all sound quality of Ultimate Fidelity Amp. This Amp is result of over 20 years research brand amps and service manuals with listening (blind test) most of them. I design this amp on single side pcb without dual FET or dual transistor on input stage, and without OP amp for DC servo. There is no SMT parts, and any diyer can build this amp, and compare with brands.
Regards