100W Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier

Output transistor must be mounted on heat sink even for testing.
Place 100R/10W resistor instead of fuse.
To check DC out:Connect input GND to PSU GND and place your DMM test probes black to PSU GND and red or positive probe to Speaker out (reading should be in mV DC).
Bias setup:Place your DMM negative probe to Gnd. and Positive to R33/5W or Emitter of 2SC5200/2SA1943 and adjust 1K trimmer to 15mV DC.

Hope this will help…

thanks for your solution. I'll try to apply it to my project ax-14. if it is successful I'll review it here. if there is a problem I'll ask again. hopefully not bored to help me.:)

Five 20w 20r in paralel,but i'd rather go with tventy 20w 80r(or the closest available). The reason is that power rated on resistor is absolute maximum,and it is recomended to oversize power at least the double than wanted. Use ceramic resistors,their inductivity goes down with more resistors in paralel so the influence to a mesurments are getting lower. I have had the same question and the answer was this.

80 ohm parallel 5 resistors is it 16 ohm... Download himself Electronics Assistant, useful program.. Electronics 2000 | Downloads - FREE software including Electronics Assistant & EPE Index

True,but:

Five 20w 20r in paralel,but i'd rather go with tventy 20w 80r(or the closest available). The reason is that power rated on resistor is absolute maximum,and it is recomended to oversize power at least the double than wanted. Use ceramic resistors,their inductivity goes down with more resistors in paralel so the influence to a mesurments are getting lower. I have had the same question and the answer was this.

20r+20r = 40r
5strings of 20+20 in parallel gives 8r.
You have 10off 5W resistors in that group that gives you an effective 8r 50W resistance as a dummy load. This will have no problem passing 50W for a few seconds.

If you build another you can have a choice of 4r 100W or 16r 100W or two 8r 50+50W.

I decided to build 4r0 100W banks of dummy loads. Four of these allow lots of different test loads for virtually any amp I need to test to maximum power.

Last edited:
20r+20r = 40r
5strings of 20+20 in parallel gives 8r.
You have 10off 5W resistors in that group that gives you an effective 8r 50W resistance as a dummy load. This will have no problem passing 50W for a few seconds.

If you build another you can have a choice of 4r 100W or 16r 100W or two 8r 50+50W.

I decided to build 4r0 100W banks of dummy loads. Four of these allow lots of different test loads for virtually any amp I need to test to maximum power.

in this calculation how many 5w resistors need for 4r -100w dummy load? what are the 5w resistor value, and ,how many series and how many parallel?

If all the equal value resistors all pass the same curent then you can simplly total the number of resistors and multiply by the resistor Pq to arrive at the group Pq(total).

It's only when the resistor arrangement determines different resistor currents that a more complicated determination of Pq(total) becomes necessary.

In summary, 20 off 5W resistor all passing the same current and each dissipating the same power have a total dissipation capability = 20 * 5W = 100Wpq(total).

If you start with 100W and use 5W resistors then you need 20 resistors.
Can 20 resistors be strung together in series parallel that give 4r0.
Yes, 20 off 80r, or 0r5 or ....... etc.
there are many combinations but 10r would be a good start.
Two 10r in series gives 20r.
5 in parallel gives 4r0.

Last edited:
If all the equal value resistors all pass the same curent then you can simplly total the number of resistors and multiply by the resistor Pq to arrive at the group Pq(total).

It's only when the resistor arrangement determines different resistor currents that a more complicated determination of Pq(total) becomes necessary.

In summary, 20 off 5W resistor all passing the same current and each dissipating the same power have a total dissipation capability = 20 * 5W = 100Wpq(total).

If you start with 100W and use 5W resistors then you need 20 resistors.
Can 20 resistors be strung together in series parallel that give 4r0.
Yes, 20 off 80r, or 0r5 or ....... etc.
there are many combinations but 10r would be a good start.
Two 10r in series gives 20r.
5 in parallel gives 4r0.

thanks andrew for the help.