100W Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier

my personal opinion is to have same sound signature all through out the system, if they are producing same music/ same frequencies.
It may not even be discernible when the other two 2 channels are used on say (mids and tweets?).
Like in a Home Theater, some use a different and powerful amp for the sub and lower power but high SQ amp for all satellites

Joined 2013
Paid Member
my personal opinion is to have same sound signature all through out the system, if they are producing same music/ same frequencies.
It may not even be discernible when the other two 2 channels are used on say (mids and tweets?).
Like in a Home Theater, some use a different and powerful amp for the sub and lower power but high SQ amp for all satellites

Thanks for clarifying - I will just order the 0.47r resistors to match the other channels and save any experiments to a 2-channel amp I will build soon.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Hi Folks,
I have asked JPS64 to work up a new layout for the popular FH9 using all the latest tricks of the trade from a professional designer. We will make it based on the FH9HV and have certain component upgrades and things to make installation easier. It will be called the FH9HVX. Stay tuned...
Cheers,
X

I am starting a new thread on the FH9HVX over in the GB forum.
FH9HVX - Budget Conscious 100w Class AB for Lean Times

PSU15

hello sir mile e made the psu15 low drop but at the output I can not regulate the voltage I have a 55vdc transformer and tested with zener 15v-12v and 8v and nothing and designed the prasi version any suggestion sir to be able to regulate the voltage like in psu5 or psu10
thanks

Attachments

• mosfet  84x95.png
    mosfet 84x95.png
    73.3 KB · Views: 767
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-04-27 at 7.57.11 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-04-27 at 7.57.11 PM.jpeg
    47.5 KB · Views: 750
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-04-27 at 7.57.11 PMñ.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-04-27 at 7.57.11 PMñ.jpeg
    32.5 KB · Views: 750
hello sir mile e made the psu15 low drop but at the output I can not regulate the voltage I have a 55vdc transformer and tested with zener 15v-12v and 8v and nothing and designed the prasi version any suggestion sir to be able to regulate the voltage like in psu5 or psu10
thanks

Terry has built it and works fine; he reported the pot value should be 5k or 3k.
+ check other things also.

Retro Amp 50W Single Supply

No, please study the schematic carefully...
1. using on-board rectifiers b1 /b2:
cs/cx , cx', cs' and rs , rs' are the quasimodo snubber components (optional).
2. off board rectifiers:
connect the off-board first bridge rectifier's +ve WIRE to the B1+ terminal towards the top AND rectifier's - wire to the B1's - terminal.

connect the off-board second bridge rectifier's + wire to the B2's + terminal and then rectifier's - wire to the B2's - terminal.

RB and RB' are the bleeder resistors...

R1 to R7 on positive and R1'-R7' on the negative side are in parallel...
So you would be better off using 1 ohm , 1W to 2W resistors.

I will make a 3D on how to mount components...

edit: 3-d pics attached

here is a version of above quoted crc with either CT trafo or dual secondary trafo. though slightly larger at 95 mm x 99mm, it can now take up 35mm caps, 6 x 3W resistors or 2 x 5W resistors.
The center bridge to be used only when CT trafo is to be connected.

regards
prasi

Attachments

• B.jpg
    B.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 868
  • C.jpg
    C.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 857
  • D.jpg
    D.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 786
  • A.jpg
    A.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 771
Last edited:
thanks

Have you measured across the trimmer? I had a solder bridge that shorted the trimmer and locked my output at 42V. I know this circuit works because I just built one for the Apex AX6 Retro amp.

thanks

Transformer must be 2x55V AC and there is no bridge rectifier on the pcb... post picture with complete wirenig.

here is a version of above quoted crc with either CT trafo or dual secondary trafo. though slightly larger at 95 mm x 99mm, it can now take up 35mm caps, 6 x 3W resistors or 2 x 5W resistors.
The center bridge to be used only when CT trafo is to be connected.

regards
prasi

GERBERS and SCH for the CRC PSU. it can be used with either center tapped transformer or dual secondary transformer.

regards
prasi

Attachments

• COMPACT CRC PSU -SCH-CT.png
    COMPACT CRC PSU -SCH-CT.png
    25.6 KB · Views: 417
  • GERBERS-COMPACT-CRC-PSU-ANALOG DESIGN-100x100mm_2020-04-28.zip
    324.1 KB · Views: 144
  • COMPACT CRC PSU -LAY-CT.png
    COMPACT CRC PSU -LAY-CT.png
    90.2 KB · Views: 411
Last edited: