100W Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier

@apexaudio:

With my Apex A23 Board i added 3K8 resistors in parallel to the 3K3, resulting roughly in 1K7. Now I'm getting +-14,8V at the Opamp. But I still can't get any bias current in the output stage on any trimpot value between 0 and 200R.

I've just taken some bias measurements in the attached picture. For me seems like the input stage is a bit asymmetrical and the bias servo voltage is a way too low. I appreciate any help :).

regards

Attachments

• image1 (Andere).JPG
    image1 (Andere).JPG
    773 KB · Views: 1,236
@apexaudio:

With my Apex A23 Board i added 3K8 resistors in parallel to the 3K3, resulting roughly in 1K7. Now I'm getting +-14,8V at the Opamp. But I still can't get any bias current in the output stage on any trimpot value between 0 and 200R.

I've just taken some bias measurements in the attached picture. For me seems like the input stage is a bit asymmetrical and the bias servo voltage is a way too low. I appreciate any help :).

regards

There must be wrong resistor value 4k7 or 680R in Vbe multiplayer.
Vce on BD139 must be from 3,5V to 4,5V.
Regards

Last edited:
Pin out of my BF244 and BF245 are different, even though they are the same manufacturer !!!!

a, b & c are the Idss grades.
All are low gm, high pinch off voltage and make good cascodes for 2sk170.

I use BF245A with pin out GDS.
As for others I use BC546/556, BC639/640 and TIP31C/32C.
This PSU has been working for long time. The desired adjusted voltage is
rock stable.

Hi Guys,

An update about my A class PSU. I ordered some BF245A's and they came in today. I installed them and the PSU still didn't work. With further investigation I discovered that I had installed 500R trimmers rather than 5K. I swapped out the 5k trimmers and reinstalled the BF246 jfets and it works flawlessly. Sorry for all the fuss. If anyone wants my layout for the BF246 just let me know and I'll post the files.

Blessings, Terry

Hi Guys,

An update about my A class PSU. I ordered some BF245A's and they came in today. I installed them and the PSU still didn't work. With further investigation I discovered that I had installed 500R trimmers rather than 5K. I swapped out the 5k trimmers and reinstalled the BF246 jfets and it works flawlessly. Sorry for all the fuss. If anyone wants my layout for the BF246 just let me know and I'll post the files.

Blessings, Terry

Thank you Terry now I can count on these PS...
Greetings