100W Ultimate Fidelity Amplifier

AX-20 PROBLEM

I connected amp in series with 10Ω resistance, when nothing seems to burn I put fuse and tried to adjust bias but was not able to, even winding trim-pot to full. Amp was playing music but with crossover distortion at low volume.

Hi friend, I assembled AX-20 amp I have attached pic. Problem with this amp is, there is no connection between Q9-Q18 and Q8-Q17. I already fixed. But that giving just big hummm with little audio so please help me whats error in this

Attachments

• AX-20.jpg
    AX-20.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 2,698
Last edited:
Hey Willy not sure if you are around, I have been checking your AX-11 -MK2 and is a nice design I try to print out the images you left but my printer does not give and exact size and is complicated to set , so I just copy your design and printed to the correct size is worth to try at least I have must of the parts to put it together, the images you see of the print out with the rusted old TO-3 transistors I just placed there to see if I have the correct size print out and yes is correct :p ok buddy keep your good work I'm going to check the components that I need online good day bro.

Regards
Vargas

Attachments

• Original Concept by Willy B. Cerna.JPG
    Original Concept by Willy B. Cerna.JPG
    927.3 KB · Views: 2,616
  • Original Concept by Willy B. Cerna 2.jpg
    Original Concept by Willy B. Cerna 2.jpg
    343.2 KB · Views: 2,276
  • Willy B. Cerna concept color.jpg
    Willy B. Cerna concept color.jpg
    367.6 KB · Views: 2,234
  • Original Concept by Willy B. Cerna 3.jpg
    Original Concept by Willy B. Cerna 3.jpg
    944.1 KB · Views: 2,101
Last edited:
Hey Willy not sure if you are around, I have been checking your AX-11 -MK2 and is a nice design I try to print out the images you left but my printer does not give and exact size and is complicated to set , so I just copy your design and printed to the correct size is worth to try at least I have must of the parts to put it together, the images you see of the print out with the rusted old TO-3 transistors I just placed there to see if I have the correct size print out and yes is correct :p ok buddy keep your good work I'm going to check the components that I need online good day bro.

Regards
Vargas

Replace 3k3 with 2k2 or bias will be 600mA

Regards
Vargas

Hello Juan,

I'm glad you like it! and your layout look very nice too...

Now i'm going to upgrade this AX-11 into HX-11 and i will build that project soon, but as of now a bit busy at work so not have enough time for layout but definitely will finish that very soon.

Well done and good luck buddy....

Regards,
Willy

your software does not recognize my libraries, but like many thanks for your answer.

send me your e-mail to private messages and i will send you my whole macros library as zip file. when you receive it,open zip extract and rename the MACROS folder and than use "cut" option and move it to C/Program files/Sprint50 folder. than open Sprint program and at right side under "M" you should have that aditional renamed macros folder,along with all you allready have. that way you will have your old macros files and new that you will receive.

That's awesome bro.... Here's my HX-11 too just for fun...:D

Regards,
Willy

wiljj my friend,at schematics at "negative side" of amplifier 15V zener is between G and S,D is directly connected to higher negative voltage. i'd say that you mixed up S and D connections,sorry if im wrong but please re-check by schemtics... otherwise,it looks great as all your pcb's :)