1 cu ft sealed sub design

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Work in progress design for a 2 part moulded enclosure. The plate amp is mounted at the rear.

Dimensions
Diameter 44cm Height 42cm(2cm off the underside to create a flat)
Depth 31cm.
Not sure if to use the SB 10" or the Dayton RSS265HF. 241012_1.jpg

How about a 1 cu foot enclosure with a 10" driver on each horizontal face? (4 of them) And about a 50% fill of activated coconut charcoal (with a good desiccant like 'molecular sieve') which should essentially double the internal compliance? That's something I might try if I was into that type of SW.

looks hard to make that shape

I have worked allot with both CF and Kevlar in my high power rocket building endeavors (in a past life).
I must say, the shape that you are going to try looks quite hard to do.
You may want to make a styrofoam core, cover it and melt the styrofoam out with Acetone.
I built a custom nosecone that way.
Anyway, good luck.

It looks like it will be a fast sub:D

fusterCluck12-15-01.jpg

Bob Evans farm in the backround
Dave

Last edited:
All this concern with building a round box, but nothing on modeling the driver in a volume to determine which driver is best suited, if either, for this box. Then no discussion of building a conventional prototype to confirm the design before embarking on an exotic build. Please, work through the design in the right order.

How about a 1 cu foot enclosure with a 10" driver on each horizontal face? (4 of them) And about a 50% fill of activated coconut charcoal (with a good desiccant like 'molecular sieve') which should essentially double the internal compliance? That's something I might try if I was into that type of SW.

I guess you have not had the time yet to study the relationship of T/S parameters and how it relates to a box volume. I really encourage you do do a bit of background reading, or show me a 10 inch sub driver that can work in a quarter cubic foot. One foot is pretty small for a SINGLE 10 inch drier. No stuffing identified so far is going to give more than about 10 to 15% volume equivalent. A Q of 2 and massive eq does not a high fidelity system make. Sunfire proved that.

either the RSS265HF or SB acoustics SW26DAC76-4 both work well just under 1 cuft sealed but will probably got for the Dayton; rough calculations inc amp, driver and some bracing internal vol comes out around 25litres

I've modelled about 50 drivers

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.