XRK Imposters on AliExpress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Hi Folks,
It seems there are several products popping up on AliExpress under the “XRK” brand. It’s kind of flattering and funny, but a bit worrisome because I don’t know what they sound like or how good they are. Even the logo looks a bit similar. Maybe it’s pure coincidence? I don’t know.

Anyhow, just wanted to let you know that I had nothing to do with these products being offered in this way.

HTB1e5fdPVXXXXa6XVXXq6xXFXXXZ.jpg_640x640Q90.jpg_.webp

XRK E3 Mini Desktop Earphone Headphone Amplifier HIFI Digital Stereo Audio MP3 Amp with LME49600|mp3 amp|amplifier hifiheadphone amplifier hifi - AliExpress

There are more…

HTB11V6IboLrK1Rjy1zbq6AenFXay.jpg_640x640Q90.jpg_.webp

https://m.aliexpress.com/i/32977079729.html

HTB10qv5bjDuK1Rjy1zjq6zraFXaz.jpg_640x640Q90.jpg_.webp

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32975...2g0n.store_m_home.smartJustForYou_830115793.0

HTB1MkRDPFXXXXbLXXXXq6xXFXXXs.jpg_640x640Q90.jpg_.webp

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32794...2g0n.store_m_home.smartJustForYou_830115793.0

Last edited:
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
The company appears to be Shinrico (that’s their website url) and many of their products are branded as such. But some of the products started sporting the XRK all caps brand logo in place of Shnrico and are listed as XRK Shinrico now.

Guangzhou Shinrico Electronic Technology Co., Ltd.

The “about” link says:

Guangzhou Shinrico Electronic Technology Co., Ltd. and founded in 2014 in guangzhou, is a focus on digital electronic products in the field of high-tech enterprises, is specialized is engaged in the embedded products, fever, audio products development and production of the company.

I can understand that the use of xrk could be pure coincidence, but certainly not the design of the XRK logo they are using. I feel sorry for you X, because I don't think you have much leverage or authority on that side of the world to fight or object to this.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
There is little leverage of course. AliExpress doesn’t allow vendors to sell patently fake products (like Rolex watches etc) - so they may consider the case. I have an intellectual property attorney and friend who could draft a letter but not sure how far it would go. Thanks for your comments. It might be pure coincidence as Shinrico and Xinruike might both be Anglicized versions of the Chinese name. And since Shinrico has always been there and is the registered name of the company, why not SRC as the acronym? But the shape and look of the logo is what others me.

Could you pay a lawyer a few dollars to draft a cease and desist letter? My guess is that it won't do any good, but it's something.

Depending on how deep their pockets are, it may not be wise to draw attention to oneself by instigating this course of action.

I’m on your side XRK; also remember, our cellphones are listening devices. I learned this the hard way.

rif

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I'm on your side, but let's look at this

Is there an overlap of products that could confuse buyers? Looks like they sell finished gear, you sell PCBs and components

Can you show that you used the logo first? You don't want anything backfiring.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
My first product was a finished pocket headphone amp. It received very good reviews. I don’t offer it anymore because they were too time consuming to make. I made 76 of them by hand over a 2-3 year span and that was enough. This was early 2017 - I don’t know when these guys started using XRK but I assume recently. I have not seen them pop up on searches with key word “XRK audio” until now. I also design commercially available amps and speakers. There might be some confusion by people that perhaps I had something to do with these designs, which I did not.

XRK Audio NHB Pocket Amp Review - Headfonics.com

Last edited:
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Hi X.

Some mainland Chinese companies are greatest copy cat alive on the planet, . My friend who lives in Bangalore hired some people in Shenzhen for PCB design of his product back in 2003 , next year clone of his product were selling far and wide in china.

He hired folks over Taiwan since then , cost more but nothing ever leaked.

Their good chinese companies too like JLCPCB

They may stop selling it in Aliexpress but wont stop in local market.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
No self flattery here if it’s true that they registered “XRK”. I’ve had this logo since March 2017. I believe they are registered as Guangzhou Shinrico Electronic Technology Co., Ltd. - that’s the name on their website:

Guangzhou Shinrico Electronic Technology Co., Ltd.

http://www.shinrico.net/

If you can give me a link to the site showing the “XRK” and registration date that would be great. I was unable to find it based on the number you gave. It’s usually a 15 digit number.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.