M2X/Yarra Format Breakout Board

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
This is a handy little board that is great for experimenting with the various M2X or Yarra front end daughterboards. It contains provisions for power input and signals in and out via both screw terminal blocks AND Molex KK/JST connectors (your choice). It is a great way to test out new FE boards, or to even use as the basis of a very compact and low cost preamp system. It will work with the assortment of preamp or FE modules that we have so far including: Melbourne (TH and SMT), Pass WBA18, Pass ACP+, PCA, Hakuin, Pete Millet Korg 6P1, Pass H2+, OPA454, HV DC/DC converter for OPA454, and the new Experimenter's board by Puijkh.

Here is a partial collection of the boards available:
837790d1587844132-yarra-preamplifier-hpa-melbourne-db-buy-yarra-modules-family-01-jpg

Here is the Breakout Board PCB:
attachment.php

Here is an example of me using it for an Pass ACP+ preamp/headphone amp:
attachment.php

Schematic (not much to it) - note well that the input and output GND paths are separate and need to be connected via jumper to make them common fo rmost cases.

Attachments

• M2X-Breakout-PCBs-Mfg.jpg
    M2X-Breakout-PCBs-Mfg.jpg
    499.5 KB · Views: 812
  • M2X-Breakout-PCB-with-ACPplus.jpg
    M2X-Breakout-PCB-with-ACPplus.jpg
    384.4 KB · Views: 823
  • M2X-Testboard_SCH_001.pdf
    19.4 KB · Views: 103
  • M2X-Testboard_PBA-TOP_001.pdf
    20.3 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Yup, these are fantastic additions, thank you puijkh for your work on the experimenters board!

Regarding the breakout board,I have several of XRK's boards and along with an HP current limited supply, this is an excellent way to test the boards prior to installing them in M2X, etc.... makes debugging super easy! Hopefully it will be available soon in your store so I can order it along with the Pete Millet Korg 6P1 pre board.

Best,
Anand.

Last edited: