• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Buckeye Amps: Hypex NC502 and NC252 amplifier builds

I'm very interested!

Feedback on integrating

Best Thing since Sliced Bread Buffer
BTSB Buffer - SE/Bal to SE/Bal Buffer GB

?

I will alternate between a normal install using SE RCA

and ones with long input lines requiring balanced inputs, ideally Combi ports for phone plugs or XLR.

The bigger issue is that I need DC power input, voltage level does not matter.

I **really** would prefer not having to add an inverter to the mix.

I can't comment on integrating what you linked. Depending on how many channels you wanted, I do not think the BTSB Buffer board would fit for all circumstances.

Regarding DC power, the Hypex modules do have 19VDC output, which is what I use for the LED power (with a resistor added inline).

Regarding DC power, the Hypex modules do have 19VDC output, which is what I use for the LED power (with a resistor added inline).

No I mean there is no grid / mains / shore power available at all.

For example NC400 can get 200W in 8 ohm but need a strong PSU to get full rated output at low THD

main power is + and – between 35 and 75V DC

also + and – 16 to 25V DC and another voltage line for the driver at 16V DC

https://www.diyclassd.com/img/upload/doc/ncore/nc400/Documentation/NC400_04xx.pdf

The original 12"x12" case inventory is now used up and will be replaced with the first of my newer case designs. Designated Small, this case is 7" wide by 12" deep and features the new Buckeye Amps logo. Pictures will be updated once it arrives. The idea is to try and offer an even lower footprint case for stereo builds without having to go the Ghent route. Construction/material and overall look is still the same. Cost will be the same, also

Hi
What minimum input voltage is necessary to ensure that the full output wattage is achieved? I ask because I have a few different preamplifiers which vary quite a bit in their output.
I am probably more interested in the NC252MP, although would like to know for both
I could look up the specifications on Hypex’s website but it could be different with your implementation
Thank you