• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Shanti Dual LPS 5V/3A , 5V/1.5A

What happened when you booted with PcP beta? Were you unable to find the device due to ethernet drivers (or the lack thereof)?

I think so. There is also an other issue with the current beta with partitions. That could also be the issue. I posted a question about that in the beta forum at pCP.

Result was that i could not detect a booted device with an ip adress.
So i used the dietpi solution instead for now.

I think so. There is also an other issue with the current beta with partitions. That could also be the issue. I posted a question about that in the beta forum at pCP.

Result was that i could not detect a booted device with an ip adress.
So i used the dietpi solution instead for now.

Thank you! I'll stick with DietPi until the issue is addressed, then ;)

Not to worry , we are making a cable (rather use flex PCB) with both A , B and uUSB connectors
Thanks that's great to know now i won't need to order a adapter.

On another note with the usbridge sig is there any way to actually route windows audio to the usbridge sig, with low enough latency AES67 etc,
or is that currently not possible without some custom audio driver /virtual soundcard.

As it would really be nice to get the same sound quality from the DAC when a movie is playing etc, unless i can find some video player that can output audio to usbridge but so far i haven't found any.

Last edited:
I have a random cracking noise which is especially noticable during quite passages but although during the loud ones.

First I thought it's because I hadn't connected the ground but that was not causing the crackle.

Any ideas?

My setup:
Shanti 3V -> USBridge
Shanti 1V -> Chord Mojo DAC (which runs on battery)
USB music source on Wifi/BT1
Bluethooth mouse on Wifi/BT2
TV display on HDMI
USB clean to Mojo DAC

Mojo DAC is set to moderate volume. Amp although aswell as the SW volume.

I already tried disconnecting everything that's not mandatory.

My usual reference is "Wet Sand" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers in 16/44 and 24/96 FLAC. But now I put on "Jazz Session" from an audiophile disk (24/96 FLAC) and it sounds like listening to vinyl...

I now found out that the cracking gets significantly louder when I open the moode menu (right upper corner) and hover the mouse over the menu entries.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what Shutdown's issue is. piCorePlayer6.0.0-b5 image has been tested by
Allo and Greg.

The only trick is to get the correct driver loaded is to create an empty file on the boot drive named "netusb". Allo is working on getting me a setup so that I can improve the support here.

I have a random cracking noise which is especially noticable during quite passages but although during the loud ones.

First I thought it's because I hadn't connected the ground but that was not causing the crackle.

Any ideas?

My setup:
Shanti 3V -> USBridge
Shanti 1V -> Chord Mojo DAC (which runs on battery)
USB music source on Wifi/BT1
Bluethooth mouse on Wifi/BT2
TV display on HDMI
USB clean to Mojo DAC

Mojo DAC is set to moderate volume. Amp although aswell as the SW volume.

I already tried disconnecting everything that's not mandatory.

My usual reference is "Wet Sand" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers in 16/44 and 24/96 FLAC. But now I put on "Jazz Session" from an audiophile disk (24/96 FLAC) and it sounds like listening to vinyl...

I now found out that the cracking gets significantly louder when I open the moode menu (right upper corner) and hover the mouse over the menu entries.

From what you are describing , it seems that your mouse BT has some type of interference. I would replace that with something thats not wireless.

From what we know there is no issues (no patch) with Mojo . Before switching to Volumio try debugging with Tom (maybe we can see a issues on the logs)

Also , I could see that sometimes the USB cables might be responsible for some noise on Mojos (apparently they are quite sensitive)

Good point. Thats on my debug list. Changing the USB cable. I have a higher quality one but it's the only component (besides USBridge and Shantie) why is new in my chain.

Got the pCP 5b installed and working.

Do add an empty file netusb to the boot partition.

First i could not see an IP after the usbridge booted.

Tested the same image on an RPI and it worked. But i noticed that the IP only showed up in the router for 2 seconds and then dissapeared.
I could login with the ip that was shown.
There i put in a fixed ip adress and booted the USBridge. Now i can login and see a ip adress/device in the router.

So is does work!
But somehow the ip adress did not show in the router (or just very short moment).