• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

First One - mosFET amplifier module

Sooo.
I have invested in 18 or 20 M modules and 8 L modules. That makes it what ? 4000eur ? :) Thankfully only 8 modules are down at this moment. And i haven't counted that they have exploded several times but we managed to fix them.
So with all the power supplies, cases, work and so on im in these modules for 10 000eur... That's nice when you spend all that money and work, and at the end you have no guarantee that was promised...

Well maybe that will change one day we will see.

I think the other reason is that the main transistors are not manufactured any more.

So i will be in search one day for a 6 or 8 replacement modules that can easily be replaced with the M modules with 60-65v

Sooo.
I have invested in 18 or 20 M modules and 8 L modules. That makes it what ? 4000eur ? :) Thankfully only 8 modules are down at this moment. And i haven't counted that they have exploded several times but we managed to fix them.
So with all the power supplies, cases, work and so on im in these modules for 10 000eur... That's nice when you spend all that money and work, and at the end you have no guarantee that was promised...

Well maybe that will change one day we will see.

I think the other reason is that the main transistors are not manufactured any more.

So i will be in search one day for a 6 or 8 replacement modules that can easily be replaced with the M modules with 60-65v

Hi !

How many amplifier modules in the same enclosure ?
Did you build stereo, double/dual mono, single box amplifiers ,
WHAT sort of topology ?
It looks like having more than 2 modules in the same enclosure is very risky.

JMK

From what i can see Andrey has been loged in almost every day in this forum, and kept posting to other threads couple days back. But we all can see that this topic makes no interest to him...
Sad thing. Come to the thread, say that everything has ended, no modules will be possible and thats it. Now i have to wait with my dead amplifier for who knows how long.