• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

My new design: CM6631 24bit/192khz USB to Coaxial and Optical fiber

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I bought one and arrived yesterday. it's well done and good looking.
I tried it with Linux (Ubuntu 12.04) and it see the board as "Asus Xonar Essence One" and only works in 44.1, 48KHz - 16bit.
Then I tried it with Winodows 7 and Asus driver and it works well at all sample frequencies and bit depth as stated.
On this thread (post #17) I read that exist more option for the firmware (OEM firmware). I would like to know if with the other firmware I can use the board with Linux at 192KHz/24bit and if I can flash the firmware myself.

Thanks
Andrea

I have bought this item from the seller (Weiliang) in taobao.com of China, the build quality is great. It does sound very smooth and musical, but I have experienced the same problem in J.River Media Center 17, I can use "WASAPI" but I cannot use "ASIO" or "WASAPI-Event Style" which is my preferred output.

My guess is the driver from C-Media CM6631 has problem with "WASAPI-Event Style".

I bought one of your " CM6631 24bit/192khz USB to Coaxial and Optical fiber" v1.4.
Everything works ok on either pc or mac except no output at 176.4khz and 192khz.
Player (foobar2000,amarra,audirvana) show songs are being played, but no output either at optical, coaxial or i2s. 44.1khz,88.2khz and 96khz are playing beautifully. Any idea what's wrong with product ?
Thanks.

Hi Mr. Weiliang.
I have bought 2 DAC7 with CM6631 USB modules fom minishow seller (user RAZOR2000SHOP). These units work fine but I have a problem with CM6631 when I try to play wave file in 192khz 24 bits resolution. The sound is good but I have also several scratches noise (non periodic). I'm using a TOSHIBA TECRA pc with WINDOWS7 64bits but the problem is existing also with other computers.
Someone told me that is necessary a new firmware. If this is true could you send me the firmware, the installation tool (for WIN7) and the instructions how to do it?
My emai is: roberto.marin@mail.wind.it
Thank you in advance.
R. Marin.

Recently purchased the enclosed version for a neighboor from minishow0328 - weiliang(?).

CM6631 24bit 192kHz USB to Coaxial and Optical Fiber Designed by Weiliang | eBay

All available formats including 24/192 work with ASIO, WASAPI (push) and DS over Toslink. Available formats are 16/44,48,88,96,176,192 and 24/44,48,96,192.

The unit was tested with internal USB power, along with 6VDC and 12VDC external power.

USB Power - switch in up (power) position :)

The unit currently runs stable with internal PC USB power. I did notice however, if it is unplugged and replugged, the format options are reduced to 16/44 and 16/48. A reboot is neccessary to get the full range of format options back. This did not happen with external power.

External Power - switch down (unmarked) position :(

Although it ran stable with both 6VDC and 12VDC, the 7805 regulator ran extremely hot with 12V, and output 3.8V with the 6V PS. Due to heat, I would personally use no more than the vendor recommended minimum, 8VDC. Also, there was not enough room inside the case for any of my on hand heatsinks.

Overall sounds decent. No problems after 3 weeks in use. Owner is happy.

CM6631A
Firmware 0101 PID 0×0319, driver 7.0.11.80 (vendor supplied)
Win 7 SP1 32-bit
foobar2k 1.3.2 with foo_out_asio 2.1.2 and foo_out_wasapi 3.2.3

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.