• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WARNING Capsandcoils and Crafty customers!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear sirs,

one month ago i ordered som coils, caps and some Wavecor drivers by Capsandcoils.com shop. Send them payment via Paypal- close to 500 Euros -but....nothing happened!!! I did not receive my goods, they do not answer my E-mail, nothing.
The only answer i got a few days after i send payment, they said they received my money, and i believe that, they said that shipped everything , and now i do not believe them anymore!!!!, and that's all. I asked them any proof of the shipping, they edo not answer any more!!!

STAY AWAY FROM THIS SHOP!!!

Anyway i will try to act the legal way to get my monet back...

Regards,
Boris

posted on the website is a notice:

on 29-10-2010

Dear Customer,

Caps&Coils will be closing it's doors at the end of the month october. I will continue with my Crafty loudspeakers and Yarland tubeamplifiers. Sadly Caps&Coils is taking too much time. My other businesses are completly snowed under. I will take orders until the end of this month. And will handle all outstanding custom orders before the end of this month. I will not restock. So if you need a capacitor or coil and it is in stock. Feel free to order. The same goes for custom parts like wax coils. I will take orders until friday the 29th of october.

Tony Gee of TG acoustics will take over the Jantzen Audio part of Caps&Coils, i hope to announce the new ClarityCap distributor next week. I would like to thank all my customers through the past years! It was a lot of fun to get pictures of your projects and help you out. Now it's time for me to build and design fresh speakers.

Kind regards
Roland Breteler
Caps&Coils

I know that, so i did order my parts before the deadline.
Also Mr. Breteler (chief of capsandcoils) announced he will continue his business with the Crafty line of loudspeakers and Yarland Amps from China.
I was in contact with him and he said he sent my packet, but from that moment everything is silent. He does not respond to my e-mails.
What should i think?
I trusted this man , because i already bought some fine parts from him!!!
Thats why i' m disappointed. And i also miss my 500 Euros.
Should i call it a fraud?

Bye,
Boris

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I know that, so i did order my parts before the deadline.
Also Mr. Breteler (chief of capsandcoils) announced he will continue his business with the Crafty line of loudspeakers and Yarland Amps from China.
I was in contact with him and he said he sent my packet, but from that moment everything is silent. He does not respond to my e-mails.
What should i think?
I trusted this man , because i already bought some fine parts from him!!!
Thats why i' m disappointed. And i also miss my 500 Euros.
Should i call it a fraud?

Bye,
Boris

File a dispute with paypal right away as there is a time limit on how long you can file. I had a similar problem with a non-eBay vendor some years ago and Paypal refunded my payment almost immediately.

Dear Boris,

I am very sorry for my late reply, i was sick just in the period i planned moving my company. My internet subscription was already ended... I was without internet for some time.

I have send you an email today about the problems i had with shipping your order. I do not have the original cartons for the 10 inch drivers you bought from me. I serously doubt that they can survive the trip to Italy. I made you an proposal to handle this order.

I am very sorry for my silence. This was not intentional. I am sure we can reach an agreement. It is and was not my intention to part you from you money and never send anything.

Kind regards
Roland Breteler

I have had dealings with Roland in the past and can only speak highly of him. In fact, when a pair of speakers I ordered never arrived, he quickly sent a second pair; meaning he was out of pocket on that deal. If he says he has had problems and will make good, you can believe him.

Problem solved

Hello,

sometimes mess just happens.
I owe apologies to Mr. Breteler, he sent me complete refund for my order, plus he sent me all caps and other stuff i ordered, for free!
I thank you Roland, but my complaint was not ment that way. Of course i will pay him for this material.
I also made business with him before and found it was a good shop.
In my opinion, e-business is all about trust and communication, so when i could get any more news, well, my trust went dooooooown.
I wish you success with your new company.

Best regards,
Boris

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.