• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Support for Botic Linux driver

Or try:
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
again.

root@beaglebone:~# apt-get upgrade
E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem.

I'm quite sure that I did it before, as it was on my proceedings list.
Now I have to wait until my wive free up the other pc where alll my music is to configure everything there.
I'm going to proceed as your list go with numbers. She has got another episode to go. This means that I have to finish tomorrow :-(

Meanwhile I will check backup options from frank
Have a good evening!

root@beaglebone:~# apt-get upgrade
E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem.
Okay. Try this below:

dpkg --configure -a (because it should be able to correct itself.)

If this does not work, then: apt-get install -f (this is to fix broken packages) and again try: dpkg --configure -a

Oh, BTW, just make sure you have internet access available now so that you can download any dependencies, because your wife occupying the network may be the cause of this issue!

Regards,

Last edited:
Hi D3nsityD3nt, many congratulations for your achievement!

As I said before I can not help you set up squeezelite but can help you if you want to try MPD. First of all, you have to be aware that the botic driver had been developed mainly focusing on MPD and not on squeezelite. With this understanding, you might want to try what I wrote below. The /etc/fstab setting is specified for mpd because it requires uid=mpd or gid=audio. Well here goes:

How to cifs-mount remote server

As root,

1. Install cifs-utils: apt-get install cifs-utils
2. Create mount point (/data as an example): mkdir /data
3. Edit /etc/fstab

an example to mount a folder named test in a Win sever of 192.168.0.xx address (my personal setting)

//192.168.0.xx/test /data cifs username=yourWinServerID,password=yourWinServerpassword,uid=mpd,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777,iocharset=utf8,rsize=130048,wsize=4096 0 0

Add this line to /etc/fstab. If "uid=mpd" causes a problem use "gid=audio" instead.

4. Mount the server source to /data: mount -a (if you want to unmount later, umount -a).
5. Check if they are mounted: df (or df -h)

Hello everyone
I'm absolutely sure that I wrote something wrong there while pasting.

//192.168.1.167/Music /data / DESKTOP-5LSFDSN,uid=mpd,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777,iochars et=utf8,rsize=130048,wsize=4096 0 0

root@beaglebone:/data# nano /etc/fstab
root@beaglebone:/data# mount -a
mount: unknown filesystem type '/DESKTOP-5LSFDSN,uid=mpd,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777,iochars'
root@beaglebone:/data# df
root@beaglebone:/data# df
Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
udev 239588 0 239588 0% /dev
tmpfs 50964 908 50056 2% /run
/dev/mmcblk0p1 3357264 2672608 494400 85% /
tmpfs 254820 0 254820 0% /dev/shm
tmpfs 5120 4 5116 1% /run/lock
tmpfs 254820 0 254820 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
tmpfs 50964 0 50964 0% /run/user/0
root@beaglebone:/data# df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
udev 234M 0 234M 0% /dev
tmpfs 50M 908K 49M 2% /run
/dev/mmcblk0p1 3.3G 2.6G 483M 85% /
tmpfs 249M 0 249M 0% /dev/shm
tmpfs 5.0M 4.0K 5.0M 1% /run/lock
tmpfs 249M 0 249M 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
tmpfs 50M 0 50M 0% /run/user/0
root@beaglebone:/data# root@beaglebone:/data# nano /etc/fstab
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
udev 234M 0 234M 0% /dev
tmpfs 50M 908K 49M 2% /run
/dev/mmcblk0p1 3.3G 2.6G 483M 85% /
tmpfs 249M 0 249M 0% /dev/shm
tmpfs 5.0M 4.0K 5.0M 1% /run/lock
tmpfs 249M 0 249M 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
tmpfs 50M 0 50M 0% /run/user/0
root@beaglebone:/data#

Last edited:
I tried like this and seems it worked. No password needed.

//192.168.1.167/Music /DESKTOP-5LSFDSN,uid=mpd,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777,iochars et=utf8,rsize=130048,wsize=4096 0 0

I have finished installation of MPD with this message
● mpd.service - Music Player Daemon
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/mpd.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: active (running) since Mon 2019-05-20 17:22:03 UTC; 1h 26min ago
Docs: man:mpd(1)
man:mpd.conf(5)
file:///usr/share/doc/mpd/user-manual.html
Main PID: 2265 (mpd)
CGroup: /system.slice/mpd.service
└─2265 /usr/bin/mpd --no-daemon

May 20 17:22:03 beaglebone systemd[1]: Started Music Player Daemon.
May 20 17:22:09 beaglebone mpd[2265]: May 20 17:22 : errno: Failed to open /var/lib/mpd/tag_c

I'm typing my bbb ip 192.168.1.81:8080 nd no MPD
instead this
Index of /
[ICO] Name Last modified Size Description

What is the command to create /var/lib/mpd/tag_c ?

Even after rebooting the BBB there is no ympd online. But this time seems that is not running at all. Explorer do not find the IP.
Is that because squeezelite is running? If so, how do I switch?

Last edited:
I tried like this and seems it worked. No password needed.

//192.168.1.167/Music /DESKTOP-5LSFDSN,uid=mpd,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777,iochars et=utf8,rsize=130048,wsize=4096 0 0

Wrong. There is no 'cifs' in the line. Replace '/DESKTOP-5LSFDSN,' (including comma) with '/data' (plus space), if you are really allowed to access to your Windows machine. Otherwise insert your ID and password.

The final line should be like this:

//192.168.1.167/Music /data cifs uid=mpd,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777,iochars et=utf8,rsize=130048,wsize=4096 0 0
or
//192.168.1.167/Music /data cifs username=xx,password=yy,uid=mpd,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777,iochars et=utf8,rsize=130048,wsize=4096 0 0

Here xx and yy are your account and password for the Windows machine. If you do 'mount -a' the /data will be filled by your music source. If it remains empty, you are still failing.

I have finished installation of MPD with this message
Do not proceed to MPD without success in cifs mount.

No I was wrong. BBB is on but Debian is not loaded. And blue light is flashing with double blinks space bouble blinks.
Now I'm stressed
No backup? Then you have to repeat the procedures so far from the scratch.

Otherwise download my disk image from this link. It contains everything for botic and mpd but squeezelite. If you write proper entry into the /etc/fstab and the mouting directory by cifs, you'll be ready for MPD.

BTW, do not do what you are not understanding without confirmation.

If you want to stop squeezelite,
Code:
root@arm:~# ps -ef | grep squeezelite
root       620     1  1 06:21 ?        00:00:01 /usr/bin/squeezelite -n arm
root      1287  1279  0 06:23 pts/0    00:00:00 grep squeezelite
Then kill the process 620 like this:
Code:
root@arm:~# kill 620
Squeezelite is running no more like below:
Code:
root@arm:~# ps -ef | grep squeezelite
root      1290  1279  0 06:23 pts/0    00:00:00 grep squeezelite
This is also applicable to all other programs.

BTW, do not do what you are not understanding without confirmation.

100% agreed. Is just the urge to make it work makes me do misstakes like this.

I will use your disk and copy it. Then report to you.

I have a question. Doing this step

"edit /etc/mpd.conf"

I manualy replaced egsisting entries with the ones you gave me. I guess I do not have to do it on your copy of the system, but in case I had to I would like to know this one - After I had finished I didn't get to on how should I save the modifications and exit the edit. Normal CTRL+X didnt work nor CTRL+O. I actually had to reboot.

Thank you

I wouldn't like to kill the squeezelite. Bern when he was helping me to set up squeezelite, he told me that both PMD and Squeezlite can run side by side. But I can only use one of them at a time.
Is that the "switching between them" you mentioned before? Or is there some specific procedure? Command line etc?

Last edited:
I wouldn't like to kill the squeezelite. Bern when he was helping me to set up squeezelite, he told me that both PMD and Squeezlite can run side by side. But I can only use one of them at a time.
Is that the "switching between them" you mentioned before? Or is there some specific procedure? Command line etc?
Squeezelite and MPD are both using ALSA. They can not share ALSA each other at the same time. That is why I'm using switching: i.e., killing one which is not in use.

I have a last important question. Doing this step

"edit /etc/mpd.conf"

In configuration pane I manualy replaced egsisting entries with the ones you gave me. I guess I do not have to do it on your copy of the system, but in case I had to I would like to know this one - After I had finished I didn't get to on how should I save the modifications and exit the edit. Normal CTRL+X didnt work nor CTRL+O. I actually had to reboot.

How do I do closing and saving there?

Thank you

Last edited:
I have a last important question. Doing this step

"edit /etc/mpd.conf"

In configuration pane I manualy replaced egsisting entries with the ones you gave me. I guess I do not have to do it on your copy of the system, but in case I had to I would like to know this one - After I had finished I didn't get to on how should I save the modifications and exit the edit. Normal CTRL+X didnt work nor CTRL+O. I actually had to reboot.

How do I do closing and saving there?

Thank you
Oh this is a very critical question. You need quick learning of unix editors running on the unix shell like vim, vi and nano. nano will be most comprehensive and vi is a bit smarter. By using these editing tools, you can edit the scripts including copying and pasting and cutting and saving and etc.

Now it's time to be out for work.